Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been rejected from 5/5 universities now. Was wondering if anyone else had and if they could give me any advice on what to do now, as I don't want to come out of education and go to work for a year as I know i will not go back afterwards.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Depending on what you want to study, you may be able to get into university through Clearing. That also depends on why you were rejected. If you don't have any interest in what you applied to study and only want to go to university for university's sake, for example, that probably came across in your application and would make attending uni a bad idea. It's a big investment if you don't really want to be there.

Why would taking a year out to work mean that you wouldn't go back to education? If I could redo my undergraduate years, I would definitely take a year out to work or volunteer first - I just dived straight into university because all my friends were going and I didn't want to get left behind. (I know that's strange thinking when you're eighteen and have your whole working life ahead of you, but it seemed to make sense at the time.) Plenty of people take a gap year and it doesn't prevent them from returning to study.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.