Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i keep having this anxiety that im going to die Watch

Announcements

hi, ive been having this anxiety that im going to die for just over a week, at times i think its all just in my head but at times i get really scared. i keep imagining in my head at random times that the angel of death just coming and taking my soul out right now and its like i can see it with my eyes open but its not actually there. its giving me really bad anxiety and sometimes when it happens adrenaline kicks in and my body begins to feel faint.

can anyone give me any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest going to your GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi, ive been having this anxiety that im going to die for just over a week, at times i think its all just in my head but at times i get really scared. i keep imagining in my head at random times that the angel of death just coming and taking my soul out right now and its like i can see it with my eyes open but its not actually there. its giving me really bad anxiety and sometimes when it happens adrenaline kicks in and my body begins to feel faint.

can anyone give me any advice?
    Only going by what you said, but you sound like an amazing person that's going through a bit of a confusing time. At some point or another we've all been through it, to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends but you have to get by cause one day you will meet people you can actually get on with.

It does sound like you could have anxiety, but that's not a bad thing. I have it and currently battling it - I've heard the best way of getting over it is to get out of your comfort zone. Feel awkward talking to a strange? Do it anway! Don't know what to say? Just make it up and you'll probably never see them again!

I do recommend seeking a counsellor or other professional help - I've had it before and it honestly helps to get things off your mind

Hope this helps!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This probably won't help, but everyone is going to die at some point, so to worry about death is really pointless. And talk to your GP &/or counsellor

(Original post by Lucarious30)
    Only going by what you said, but you sound like an amazing person that's going through a bit of a confusing time. At some point or another we've all been through it, to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends but you have to get by cause one day you will meet people you can actually get on with.

It does sound like you could have anxiety, but that's not a bad thing. I have it and currently battling it - I've heard the best way of getting over it is to get out of your comfort zone. Feel awkward talking to a strange? Do it anway! Don't know what to say? Just make it up and you'll probably never see them again!

I do recommend seeking a counsellor or other professional help - I've had it before and it honestly helps to get things off your mind

Hope this helps!
    thanks fr your response. im dont have social anxiety im seen as a popular person and get along with people easily. i have had a troubled past which has caused me to go through a period of depression even though it wasnt diagnosed. i got over it myself and became better. im not able to go to see a doctor right now for personal reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks fr your response. im dont have social anxiety im seen as a popular person and get along with people easily. i have had a troubled past which has caused me to go through a period of depression even though it wasnt diagnosed. i got over it myself and became better. im not able to go to see a doctor right now for personal reasons.
    It's good that yo have friends then you could talk to them about this- maybe some of them relate?

(Original post by Lucarious30)
    It's good that yo have friends then you could talk to them about this- maybe some of them relate?
    i dont talk to any of my friends. i have been socially isolated over the past few months as i have moved to a different country where i have no friends here. also due to breaking my parents trust in the past they took my phone off me so i havnt spoke to them. i only recently got it back and im not allowed to talk to my friends, only my family from the UK which i left

(Original post by Kalail)
    This probably won't help, but everyone is going to die at some point, so to worry about death is really pointless. And talk to your GP &/or counsellor
    ik but its the fact that i keep thinking im going to die
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've felt like this every day for years and every day I'm still convinced that my time will actually end today but of course, I'm still here. I've been diagnosed with OCD, panic disorder and general anxiety so I just put it down to a mix of that. Its a very distressing thing to feel even if you know its only anxiety. I definitely recommend going to the doctor for a diagnosis or peace of mind if it continues for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are going to die...

... at some point.

ReputationRep:
    This is common among those with stress, anxiety amd depression.. See a doc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.