Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend is upset over food/cooking. Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    We both work full time at the moment and after work he goes playing golf (4 times a week) and I'l go to the gym (i lift) about 5 times. It causes arguments as he says that he slways ends up wasting money in takeaways when someone should be cooking. I make food the night before to take with me for lunch and after the gym and have told him to do the same but he said he wants 'proper cooked meals' like 'normal' couples have but by the time i get home theres not much time i just find it easier to take food with me. He sometimes cooks himself but says its a waste just for one.

Its led to lots of arguments not sure what to do.
    Think this is lol. People really do find some silly things to argue about. Compromise and agree that at least 2 evening a week you will eat a meal together. You cook one and he can cook the other.

If you dont have the time then he can give up one golf day or alter his time and you can gym one time less or go in the morning do it at home. Simply set aside a bit of time for each other. If you dont want to then perhaps youd need to think why you are together.

If you are gyming, then will he wnat to eat what you are, assuming you are losing weight? is he going to be happy with whatever your regime requires?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion your BF is quite right if he is asking for a food. But balance is the key in every relation. I know recreational activities are also necessary but you guys can make a deal or something, divide days of a week that on which day who will cook what. That is the key in every relation.

ReputationRep:
    If he wants homecooked meals why don't you suggest he batch cooks on weekends for him to eat when he gets home? :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    If he wants homeworker meals why don't you suggest he batch cooks on weekends for him to eat when he gets home? :/
    This is what I used to do and quite frankly, it's not that difficult to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Compromise and agree that at least 2 evening a week you will eat a meal together. You cook one and he can cook the other.
    (Original post by redferry)
    If he wants homeworker meals why don't you suggest he batch cooks on weekends for him to eat when he gets home? :/
    The above options. If you both make three evenings per week available for each other where one cooks, one washes up, or you both chip in, and you cook a two meal portion on these occasions, you are sorted with one takeaway meal day or the usual Sunday meal set up. It is really nonsense to be arguing about.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.