CommonSenseLess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
a)Is fiscal surplus and budget surplus the same thing? If not, what is the difference between the two?

b)what may be the consequences of having a fiscal surplus?
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CommonSenseLess)
a)Is fiscal surplus and budget surplus the same thing? If not, what is the difference between the two?

b)what may be the consequences of having a fiscal surplus?
You'd have more luck in the study help section in future.

I think that the two are the same, but I'm not sure.

The consequences of this could be:

Governments often use surpluses to buy debt from other countries, and in order to buy foreign currency for said purchases they have to first sell their own currency. This devalues the currency, meaning that exports are more competitive but it means that it becomes more expensive to import.

Lower interest payments / reduction in national debt.

But they might want you to talk more about why there is a budget surplus, there would be consequences to growth if it was because of higher taxation or lower spending.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads