• View Poll Results: Who has caused more damage
    Donald and his Toupee
    58.33%
    Shillary Clinton the warmonger
    25.00%
    Both as bad as the other
    16.67%

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to argue a pro-Trump agenda, he clearly has issues with Muslims but I want to take a moment of your time to at least look at things in a sane, intelligent way rather than focusing on rhetoric.

This is Hillary Clinton speaking to the American Senate explaining why the Iraq war is in her eyes justified.

This is Trump, a bit of a jackass who did propose banning Muslims entering the US

What offends you more, the slightly buffoonish guy who proposes banning Muslims from entering America but hasn't done anything about it, or the evil witch who has actually contributed towards the bombing of Muslim women and children?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-found...rtment-1934187

Is anyone surprised anymore?

ReputationRep:
    Good question. Trump is worse. Hope that clears things up for you :yy:

ReputationRep:
    In hindsight, it's clear how misguided Hillary's vote on the Iraq war was, and granted, she's so political that god knows what she really thinks. However, nothing in either source convinces me that she was at all happy about the prospect of innocent Muslim women and children losing their lives.

Now listen to what Trump had to say about those same women and children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1eXRXL0nkk

ReputationRep:
    Why does this metric matter? I can't see how the Iraq war shows anyone hates Muslims? I am pretty sure it didn't happen because they were Muslim.

This is actually really stupid, you can tell what your agenda is..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorSchmosby)
    In hindsight, it's clear how misguided Hillary's vote on the Iraq war was, and granted, she's so political that god knows what she really thinks. However, nothing in either source convinces me that she was at all happy about the prospect of innocent Muslim women and children losing their lives.
    Technically, it's not really clear how misguided that was. It's accepted opinion that the Iraq war was a mistake, but since there is no counterfactual for us to see what problems a 2003-2016 Saddam regime would have caused, we still don't actually know if voting for the war did more harm than good or vice versa. We do know that the planning was improper, and that the misleading of the electorate and parliament was clearly unethical.

Now listen to what Trump had to say about those same women and children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1eXRXL0nkk
    Leaving aside the fact that he wants to deliberately commit war crimes, "I would do one thing at a time" is of course exactly what the problem with Iraq was. Bomb, then invade, then occupy, then try to plan and implement a handover of power.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't an issue of Islamophobia. They're both very good at using current fads to gain votes. Trump just happens to be blunter about it than Hillary.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.