Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 and I'm doing well enough in school to which I can choose from a wide range of subjects for a levels, but basically, I decided I wanted to get into law and possibly study at Durham. There's a lot of negativity surrounding how hard it is to get into it and I'm fully aware of that, however, I was wondering what I needed to get in my GCSEs/Alevels and any other tips that you may have.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No one really takes adherence to GCSEs as far as I know, but at a-level for law, its usually A*AA.
    Also, pick at least one heavy essay based subject, because you need such skills for law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    No one really takes adherence to GCSEs as far as I know, but at a-level for law, its usually A*AA.
    Also, pick at least one heavy essay based subject, because you need such skills for law
    Agree, an essay subject such as History would be perfect; add some hard science e.g. Physics and possibly maths to it to prove that OP isn't thick and he/she would be golden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Agree, an essay subject such as History would be perfect; add some hard science e.g. Physics and possibly maths to it to prove that OP isn't thick and he/she would be golden
    To add to that You also need some really good work experience because that's what will differentiate you from other candidates when going for uni.

ReputationRep:
    To add to that You also need some really good work experience because that's what will differentiate you from other candidates when going for uni.
    and yearly supplies of coffee to keep OP alive during his/her studies.

ReputationRep:
    Try to get your best grades and make time to try new things for example team sports or something that challenges you.

You have plenty of time.

Law firms like people to he what they call 'well rounded'.

Have hobbies, seek positions of responsibility in whatever form.

When you care a bit older you could get a part time job, it will help give you skills that will be helpful.

You have plenty of time, just concentrate on getting your best grades 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly not sure law faculties care about this. Good when it comes to applying for jobs, though.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey there, its Amanda here from BCU. I just wanted to introduce you to our graduate Emma because she's shared some of her top tips on how to get ahead in law - including things you can do before university! See www.bcu.ac.uk/how-to/emma

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.