The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay Competition 2016

Hi has anyone entered this competition? I sent my entry for the Medical prize a couple of days ago!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by slothgenius
Hi has anyone entered this competition? I sent my entry for the Medical prize a couple of days ago!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3142829
Corpus Christi Essay competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi, I've entered! I answered Question 4 on the English Question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have also done the medical essay. which question did you write about? I picked question 1- how does antibiotic resistance impact primary healthcare
Reply 4
Has anyone had an email acknowledging that they've received your essay? I haven't and I'm a bit worried that I didn't send it properly haha :/
Reply 5
Original post by Kg2703
Has anyone had an email acknowledging that they've received your essay? I haven't and I'm a bit worried that I didn't send it properly haha :/

No, neither have I! I think quite a few people haven't got a reply yet though :smile: I think in the other thread the admissions tutor said they're going to send out acknowledgement letters next week? Not quite sure, might be making that one up hahahah but I guess they have received loads of entries
Reply 6
Original post by mariapcusi
I have also done the medical essay. which question did you write about? I picked question 1- how does antibiotic resistance impact primary healthcare

ooohh I was going to write about that one but found it really hard! how did you answer it? I answered the fourth question 'is it possible to provide high quality care with limited resources?'
Original post by slothgenius
ooohh I was going to write about that one but found it really hard! how did you answer it? I answered the fourth question 'is it possible to provide high quality care with limited resources?'

Well I basically wrote about the history of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance, then I linked it to the impacts of primary healthcare. It was very hard, especially finding information on the impacts. How did you answer yours because I was going to do yours but found the same problem- it was really hard!
Reply 8
Original post by mariapcusi
Well I basically wrote about the history of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance, then I linked it to the impacts of primary healthcare. It was very hard, especially finding information on the impacts. How did you answer yours because I was going to do yours but found the same problem- it was really hard!

I literally couldn't find any info on your topic haha so well done!! for mine, I kinda researched developing countries and the reasons why they couldn't provide quality care, then talked about how some developing countries with limited resources can. So I guess I just took 'healthcare with limited resources' as meaning ones in developing countries but I couldn't really find much info on limited resources in developed countries like the NHS.. ahh the end of March is so far away 😭
I've aplied for the biological sciences prize and haven't heard anything yet either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I've aplied for the biological sciences prize and haven't heard anything yet either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently this year there's been a really high number of entries!
Does anyone know if the schools or teacher who nominated the prize winning pupils have been informed?
Probably, the winners names and schools are on the essay competition web page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Probably, the winners names and schools are on the essay competition web pagePosted from TSR Mobile
Thanks
Reply 14
Is anyone going to the prize ceremony in Cambridge on May 7th? Are you bringing a teacher or going by yourself?
Original post by Kg2703
Is anyone going to the prize ceremony in Cambridge on May 7th? Are you bringing a teacher or going by yourself?

Im going! My teacher isn't free on the day
Reply 17
Original post by Uni12345678
Im going! My teacher isn't free on the day

Thank you! Also do you have any idea what the dress code is? Not sure if we should wear formal clothes :smile:
Original post by Kg2703
Thank you! Also do you have any idea what the dress code is? Not sure if we should wear formal clothes :smile:

It said its an informal lunch so I'm wearing a dress I think (it's not casual but it's not really very formal either) :smile: is your teacher coming? Mine couldn't come so they said I can bring a parent :smile: I look forward to meeting you there then!
Reply 19
Original post by Uni12345678
It said its an informal lunch so I'm wearing a dress I think (it's not casual but it's not really very formal either) :smile: is your teacher coming? Mine couldn't come so they said I can bring a parent :smile: I look forward to meeting you there then!

I look forward to meeting you too xx my teacher can't come either so it's good to know I won't be the only one without a teacher :smile: thanks for replying so soon, I was panicking slightly about what to wear haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending