Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,
    I'm hoping for a bit of advice if possible!

    I've been working in admin roles for the NHS since graduating in 2008, however I've finally got the courage to retrain for a clinical position and ODP looks ideal!

    I'm going to be starting an Access course in September, but wondering what others are doing to show they have been getting relevant experience? I'm trying to get some work experience in theatres. I'm also wondering whether it will be worth leaving my job (which I love!) and trying to get a HCA/HCSW role in an acute setting?

    What do you think?!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Would you be interested in a Higher National Diploma inHealth and Social Care instead? The course is 2 years, equivalent to first and secondyear at uni. You can go on to continuewith a top up programme at university and get the full Bachelor’s degree after.It’s a great alternative to conventional university degree courses and supportedby Student Finance England. Excellent pathway towards Nursing, Social Work, TeachingPsychology, Sociology, Health Studies, Social Policy!
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.