Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I've moved to Scotland in September 2013. I've been working full-time for nearly 2 years until August 2015 when I started 2-year HND full-time college course in computing. I obviously wasn't allowed to apply for student loan for the 2015/16 term because as an EU national I need to live in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of my course and I won't be able to get one for 2016/17 (my 2nd and last year at college) as 3 years since moving to UK will pass this September.

However I'm planning to go to university for 3rd year of my degree once I graduate from college in summer 2017 and I'll already be here for 3,5 years at the time of applying for SAAS for 2017/18 term.

It's a bit confusing as some of the SAAS guidelines state that years spent in education do not count towards this minimum of 3 years of being UK resident prior to the start of your course but I still work 3 days a week and full-time over the summer and I've recently been told by 2 people from SAAS that I will likely get loan for 2017/18 since moving on to university means a) starting a new course b) I'll live here for over 3 years prior to 1st of August of this particular term (even when you apply for SAAS online the options you choose from only say "I've been UK resident for less than 3 years" or "I've been UK resident for 3 years or more".

Has anyone been in similar situation or knows someone with similar circumstances and could possibly confirm that what I've heard from SAAS is right and I should be able to get full support?

Cheers!
    Jacek

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.