Turn on thread page Beta

How did you find out about UKL? watch

ReputationRep:
    googling for info on universities. didnt actually post anything till i discovered the general chat forum tho...

iv got to quit now tho, its getting ridiculous im up to like 18 posts a day which is a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    googling for info on universities. didnt actually post anything till i discovered the general chat forum tho...

iv got to quit now tho, its getting ridiculous im up to like 18 posts a day which is a disgrace.
    How do you think I feel with 40 a day. I guess I kind of have an excuse at the moment but even so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    How do you think I feel with 40 a day. I guess I kind of have an excuse at the moment but even so.
    i think once my exams are over and summer comes it wont be hard to quit. but i will be kind of sad to leave cus it is an awesome forum. just basically ruins your quality of life at the end of the day in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Too right...

ReputationRep:
    i think once my exams are over and summer comes it wont be hard to quit. but i will be kind of sad to leave cus it is an awesome forum. just basically ruins your quality of life at the end of the day in the process.
    would you really say it ruined your quality of life? wow, i know i've been on here forvever and neversuccesfulyl leave, but i wouldn't say it does any harm on my life. i still have a social life (i go out way too much) and if i wasn't on here i'd probably be watching big brother or something.... in what way is it deterring from your QOL?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    would you really say it ruined your quality of life? wow, i know i've been on here forvever and neversuccesfulyl leave, but i wouldn't say it does any harm on my life. i still have a social life (i go out way too much) and if i wasn't on here i'd probably be watching big brother or something.... in what way is it deterring from your QOL?

lou xxx
    In your case it just means you love socilaisng and UKL is a way of doing this. Like you say its better than watching TV.

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    well its hard to tell at the moment because i just been revising revising revising all day and all night (or so it seems), but once exams are over it is not healthy to be sitting at home on a computer. you need to go out into the realword ... but kudos to those that can balance social life with UKL, personally i think i might struggle.

had the same kind of issue with msn a few years back... was on it WAY too much, but went cold turkey and it improved my QOL immeasurably. in the summer time you need to be outside socialing, not inside on your computer liek i am now writing stupid messages to people i dont know and are never going to meet... ridiculous. must quit.

not that hard to quit, all you have to do is not go on the computer for a good month or too, and you loose all interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Most people found Ukl by googling. I found it searching for info on HP6.
    same here, i saw xenon's thread and almost didnt click on it.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, googled for S2 distribution tables, seeing as I have lost my own

Great how google is a verb, now

ReputationRep:
    well its hard to tell at the moment because i just been revising revising revising all day and all night (or so it seems), but once exams are over it is not healthy to be sitting at home on a computer. you need to go out into the realword ... but kudos to those that can balance social life with UKL, personally i think i might struggle.

had the same kind of issue with msn a few years back... was on it WAY too much, but went cold turkey and it improved my QOL immeasurably. in the summer time you need to be outside socialing, not inside on your computer liek i am now writing stupid messages to people i dont know and are never going to meet... ridiculous. must quit.

not that hard to quit, all you have to do is not go on the computer for a good month or too, and you loose all interest.
    lol, i do know what you mean. recently i've been on msn way too much. but it's prob got something to with me being in a very close knit group of friends and when we're not in college we miss our goss sessions so have them on msn. i went about 4 weeks last summer without ukl and this summer hopefully i'll be able to drive so i'll never be at home i'm also relectant to carry on posting when i'm at uni, it could easily become a habit instead of talking to people on my floor.

mind you... i'm probably beyong hope when it comes to msn... i've managed to stay in contact with my high school friends via it, so i'll prob do the same for college friends.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol, i do know what you mean. recently i've been on msn way too much. but it's prob got something to with me being in a very close knit group of friends and when we're not in college we miss our goss sessions so have them on msn. i went about 4 weeks last summer without ukl and this summer hopefully i'll be able to drive so i'll never be at home i'm also relectant to carry on posting when i'm at uni, it could easily become a habit instead of talking to people on my floor.

mind you... i'm probably beyong hope when it comes to msn... i've managed to stay in contact with my high school friends via it, so i'll prob do the same for college friends.

lou xxx
    seriously the computer is the one evil in my life, it has been my one and only addiction over the years....

id been off msn for like 2 years (not even used computer) then innocently looking for uni information one day, end up here, and look where i am now. aaaaaaaHHH!! annoys me so much !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    It seems that most people came here by chance...do you think it would be a good thing to have more members here, perhaps if UKL started advertising more?

Why spend money advertiseing when google does all the work?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about UKL? Through a friend? Fell from the sky?

Me? Well, one day back in April I was Googling for the religious significance and symbolism of the colours of the clothing worn by people in South Asian cultures for my art project, and I stumbled across UKL.
    Well, I was channelling chakra one day, when suddenly I saw a vision of a giant tribble coming down from the sky, telling me the URL of UKL.

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about UKL? Through a friend? Fell from the sky?

Me? Well, one day back in April I was Googling for the religious significance and symbolism of the colours of the clothing worn by people in South Asian cultures for my art project, and I stumbled across UKL.
    through the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I stumbled upon UKL, when i was looking for some with business and thoughts on another business website.

ReputationRep:
    i was told by mershy up there ^^^wiwarin^^^
    i kinda ignored it for a while, then got bored enough to sign onto a schooling site *cringe*

and now i come on and if theres summit intrestin i post, if not i get bored and head over to outwar or some other of the many sites on my bookmarks.

and im a very ****ing close to 24hour a day msn adict

PJXXX

ReputationRep:
    This has been done before, but I found a link to it in a newsgroup after last year's v. hard Edexcel P3 exam.

ReputationRep:
    I found it whilst doing a speaking and listening task for GCSE english lit in which we had to do a debate on the need for a royal family and we couldn't come up with many arguments so we googled and came up with the debate part of UK learning!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    UKAB.... AARRGGHH!!!

I was looking for a bit of info about the computing AS task last year, and came across this place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I was looking for a bit of info about the computing AS task last year, and came across this place.
    That's how I found it

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.