Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barack Obama plans intervention in Britain's EU referendum. Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Barack Obama is planning to make “a big, public reach-out” to persuade British voters to stay inside the European Union, the chair of the US Senate foreign relations committee has revealed.

The plan emerged amid fears in Washington that the UK’s EU referendum is a dangerous gamble that could unravel with disastrous consequences for the entire continent.

His “reach out” is likely to focus on the need for the EU to stick together to combat the migration crisis and the growing threat of Russian aggression in the Baltics, Ukraine and Middle East.

But there are concerns in both Washington and London that an intervention by the US president has to be handled sensitively and could backfire unless it is pitched at the right geopolitical level.

Read More:
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...m-intervention

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/05dHqRbhhlk?t=18s

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget they were also against Scottish independence.

This is called the New World Order. A powerful elite influence our countries and keeping them in the EU makes this easier.

Democracy is a joke it's bought by the establishment and their money and media. I'd say who is the top of this New World Order establishment but I know what i'll be called.

Let me tell you there was one totalitarian dictator who even spoke out against it in one of his speeches...

ReputationRep:
    All educated students like me know we are best of within the EU, I welcome obama attempted to make this obvious to the loony kippers but he may struggle as its like trying to talk to a brick wall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeKay)

This is called the New World Order. A powerful elite influence our countries and keeping them in the EU makes this easier.

Democracy is a joke it's bought by the establishment and their money and media. I'd say who is the top of this New World Order establishment but I know what i'll be called.

Let me tell you there was one totalitarian dictator who even spoke out against it in one of his speeches...
    Gaddafi?

ReputationRep:
    Sadly our leaders will happily oblige to their masters.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeKay)

Sorry, not receiving you just right. The signal is a bit patchy around here… let my just readjust my tinfoil hat.

ReputationRep:
    Jew World Order.

If we're called fascists to fight for freedom then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    So. Many of those who are anti-eu are so because they don't like what they perceive as a loss of sovereignty to the EU. I'm not sure that the president of a foreign nation involving himself in the issue of independence is something they're going to take too kindly too. Far more likely that it will fuel the fire.

ReputationRep:
    Obamarama.

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs has donated money to the pro-EU campaign apparently.

They were also the one's who fiddled with Greece's finances to make it so they could join the EU...

There's a lot of conspiracy theories about the EU creation much like the original Soviet Union.

ReputationRep:
    By intervention, I was expecting American special forces involved in the snatch and grab of Nigel Farage. This is far more tamer.

ReputationRep:
    Tad ironic when US deep government are doing a pretty good job of destroying the EU right now :erm:

ReputationRep:
    We could invite the USA in to the EU as it would make us stronger and safer and help us stand up to Putin, yes the Americans will have to cede some sovereignty to Brussels and implement EU Directives but as the Americans understand the importance of global security and allies sticking together I am sure they will agree to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    All educated students like me know we are best of within the EU, I welcome obama attempted to make this obvious to the loony kippers but he may struggle as its like trying to talk to a brick wall
    The irony of beginning that horrendously constructed sentence with those 5 words :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.