Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

Just needing some advice or personal opinions on this please. I am currently a student, and work only 1 day out of the week therefore I want to earn a little more cash on the side. I was basically wondering if buying and selling cars from an auctions is a good idea, even if it's just a £100/200 profit. Also, if I did so, I would only buy cars that I know very well of, both mechanically and their worth (e.g. VW Golf/Polo with low mileage under £1,500) . I've purchased a car in the past from an auction and sold it around 10/11 months later with a decent profit. Perhaps I got lucky? Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else does this or their advice on this, Pros/cons,

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any mechanics / car maintenance skills?

Are you comfortable doing a service yourself? oil/oil filter/fuel filter/air filter/coolant check/ etc

ReputationRep:
    You would need insurance to drive any car (which cant be obtained under the age of 25) or a way to transport them home (can be expensive) Similarly. After you sell a few cars you would be required to get a trader licence because you'd be concidered a car dealer. it all adds up to a lot and isnt as cheap as you might originally think. Also people are less likely to buy a car that they know has been damaged and repaired.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.