Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi there,

The half term break has just begun and I am once again finding myself feeling empty and down. Sad as it may seem, I love being at school and I feel perfectly happy there during the day. Half term and - worse - the summer holidays leave me feeling miserable, even though I feel fine during term time and I love the tight-knit community. The weekends are okay - I occupy myself and I know that Monday's just around the corner (I'm aware of how sad this sounds). I do play sports for a team each week and I am currently learning to drive, so it's not like I'm a recluse. For me, my education is everything and I really cope without it. I really fear what I'll be like when I leave school. Does anyone feel the same or am I going mad?

Thanks.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there,

The half term break has just begun and I am once again finding myself feeling empty and down. Sad as it may seem, I love being at school and I feel perfectly happy there during the day. Half term and - worse - the summer holidays leave me feeling miserable, even though I feel fine during term time and I love the tight-knit community. The weekends are okay - I occupy myself and I know that Monday's just around the corner (I'm aware of how sad this sounds). I do play sports for a team each week and I am currently learning to drive, so it's not like I'm a recluse. For me, my education is everything and I really cope without it. I really fear what I'll be like when I leave school. Does anyone feel the same or am I going mad?

Thanks.

Glad I came across this. Thought I was the only one. Knowing I have just a few months left of school, I've been really anxious about life after school although I'll be off to uni. I guess I'm just so comfortable with the structure of school and how it makes me feel safe. Live each day as it comes I'd say.

Glad I came across this. Thought I was the only one. Knowing I have just a few months left of school, I've been really anxious about life after school although I'll be off to uni. I guess I'm just so comfortable with the structure of school and how it makes me feel safe. Live each day as it comes I'd say.
    It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one. Yeah - I suppose all we can do is just deal with it. I'm in year 12 at the moment so I still have a year but I imagine that it will fly by...

Try and make a plan, something to look forward to once school is over
    i know having a routine is safe and comfortable, but perhaps change it up a bit, because once you leave school everything will be different.
    at least you know youre expecting change.

ReputationRep:
    drink cement

ReputationRep:
    ^
    who resurrected this 46-year-old thread? smh

Jokes aside, I know the feeling. School gives you that sense of security, you know there's always people there for you, you always know where you're going, what you're doing, what your purpose is so to speak.

Do you spend time with friends outside of school? It sounds like you just feel more comfortable in a social environment, so if you don't maybe try and spend days with friends, even if it's just at each others' houses doing homework/revision together if that helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.