Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol its dead - i'm dead -
    gap year
    wooooo hooooooooooooo
    awww i am sure u will be alright in ur exam with the brain u have
    think forward, thing always gets better no matter how bad it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    awww i am sure u will be alright with ur exam with the brain u have
    think forward, thing always gets better no matter how bad it goes.
    Tinykates has a brain? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Not for me, theres tons of concordance rates and studies to revise.
    you can blag n/n just apply it to loads of stuff like schizophrenia - you'll be fine. if phobias come up n u havent revised ul be screwed go go go! i gotta do free will/determinism now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    you can blag n/n just apply it to loads of stuff like schizophrenia - you'll be fine. if phobias come up n u havent revised ul be screwed go go go! i gotta do free will/determinism now!

screwed you can say that again, if phobias does come up, I swear to god, I will write Shane Filan down millions of times. I might get 1 mark for it, saying hes deterministic and reductionist, a she doesnt love me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    yeah why? why are u asking me everyone has a brain! :rolleyes: but she is capable to get good grade(i think from what i know)

ReputationRep:
    That's not nice :mad:

ReputationRep:
    screwed you can say that again, if phobias does come up, I swear to god, I will write Shane Filan down millions of times. I might get 1 mark for it, saying hes deterministic and reductionist, a she doesnt love me.
    u'll be fine jus go thru all the approaches 4 psychological and blag some biologial abt genetics - u can do it!
    good luck hun
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Good Look to you too.
    And to everyone else whose doing S2 and PYA5 tomorow.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 exams tomorow, and theyre the most important exams, I will ever do, cos theyre worth alot of marks. Anyway I just realised that there is another whole 2 topics left for psychology to revise, which I knew nofin about. And Ive only done a bit of maths revision. ARGHHHH I cant resit this year at all, I need ABB to get into Uni, thats means I need 2 A's tomorow.

I am revising by the way, much as I can, but the contents for the amount you revise for psychology is whooooosh.
    *big hug* i'm the same. i just burst into tears cos i got a stats question wrong. and i don't know any of my psychology either. i think i might just go cry some more.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    *big hug* i'm the same. i just burst into tears cos i got a stats question wrong. and i don't know any of my psychology either. i think i might just go cry some more.

lou xxx

Cry with me Lou, as we're both in the same situation.
    Hey lets revise together, after all this psychology revision, Im forgetting S2.
    How do you work out the mean, variance of a PDF or CDF? I never know which one you use, PDF or CDF?

ReputationRep:
    Argh Psych! For tomorrow I've done a mind-map with two issues (anorexia and phobias) and their biological/psychoanalytic/behavioural explanations next to basic descriptions and research (thats the perspective bit sorted) and then the corresponding debate explanations next to that, so its clear in my head that Kendler et al, Holland et al etc. are support for the nature argument but Skinner would be all for the nurture or body argument. Well it helped me anyway - good luck! I know there's a lot to learn but a lot of it is related and once you've got the perspectives sorted, it's easier to relate the debates to them.

ReputationRep:
    Cry with me Lou, as we're both in the same situation.
    Hey lets revise together, after all this psychology revision, Im forgetting S2.
    How do you work out the mean, variance of a PDF or CDF? I never know which one you use, PDF or CDF?
    i don't even know what CDF is... what board are you?

var (X)= E(X²) - E(X)²

where E(X) = ∫xf(x)dx

E(X²)= ∫x²f(x)dx

i'm the opposite to you tho, i've done more stats than psychology. which exam are you doing first? i'm doing s2 at 10.30

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    That's not nice :mad:
    Yes it is. See, she doesn't seem to mind.

ReputationRep:

PDF= E(X²) - E(X)²

where E(X) = ∫xf(x)dx

E(X²)= ∫x²f(x)dx

i'm the opposite to you tho, i've done more stats than psychology. which exam are you doing first? i'm doing s2 at 10.30

lou xxx

Im with Eddexcel.

ReputationRep:
    Im with Eddexcel.
    ah right, i'm OCR (and it smells)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Edexcel they messed my school's marks up.
    AQA are much nicer

ReputationRep:

PDF= E(X²) - E(X)²

where E(X) = ∫xf(x)dx

E(X²)= ∫x²f(x)dx

lou xxx
    hmmm stats, yummy. I used to like this kind of stuff. But it's been such a long time... :confused:

Isn't f(x) the notation that's usually used for the PDF, probability density function. Don't quite get why you use both notations.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm stats, yummy. I used to like this kind of stuff. But it's been such a long time... :confused:

Isn't f(x) the notation that's usually used for the PDF, probability density function. Don't quite get why you use both notations.
    yeh blonde moment the first bit should be var(X) not PDF :rolleyes: i'll correct my original post

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeh blonde moment the first bit should be var(X) not PDF :rolleyes: i'll correct my original post

lou xxx
    right!
    Definition of
    Var(X) = E(X-E(X)) = "the expected distance between X and its expected value" and somehow by calculating, you get your result:

Var(X) = E(X²) - E(X)²

ReputationRep:
    right!
    Definition of
    Var(X) = E(X-E(X)) = "the expected distance between X and its expected value" and somehow by calculating, you get your result:

Var(X) = E(X²) - E(X)²
    lol, nice proof there. so i am right? i was trying to do too many things when i first posted it.

lou xxx

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.