Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an AS student, but I am already looking at Uni's for my course, Social Work, I was hoping for some people to say what they think about Bath uni because I am thinking of going to that university, and is it worth it staying at home or campus?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Katie|Whitlock)
    I am an AS student, but I am already looking at Uni's for my course, Social Work, I was hoping for some people to say what they think about Bath uni because I am thinking of going to that university, and is it worth it staying at home or campus?
    Hiya

You may find this thread useful to give you a bit of an idea on what the place is like.

I see that your course has a placement year, which is a really good opportunity for anyone.

What do you mean by staying at home or on campus? Do you live in Bath?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Katie,

Thank you for considering studying at the University of Bath, I am a first year International Management student here and love it! I am not a social work student however, you can discover more about the course here on our website. The University of Bath is a great place to be, it is a highly ranked university and a World Heritage city.

My brother is in a similar position to yourself, he is currently looking at the different universities at different entry requirements (he is unsure about the grades he will get). Look at where you could see yourself living and working, you will be studying there for at least three years so you must be comfortable! Be sure to register to attend one of our open days, this will allow you to get a feel for the university.

I am currently living on campus despite living relatively close to the university. I find that living on campus is a good opportunity to leave home and slowly break into life as an adult! It is also particularly useful as you can get to classes easily and have full access to resources whenever you want. I have a lot of group projects on my course, so having people on campus to work with is very convenient. This is just my opinion however, living from home can be much cheaper and easier if your parents continue to cook dinner for you and do your washing! I certainly wouldn't want to travel too far however.

If you have any other questions please let me know!

Hayden
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Hi Katie,

I would agree with Hayden that living on campus is a great experience! From my personal experience, because the University of Bath campus is fairly small, it has a very friendly community feel and is a really nice environment to both live and study in. I really enjoyed living on campus because it offers accommodation, the students union, sports and arts facilities, a shop, a bank, the library, bars, cafes and teaching spaces all in one place. Having all these facilities available on campus makes it a very convenient place to live and in my experience made the transition to university and living away from home much easier. If you would like to know more about the facilities we have on campus you can find out here. Additionally, to get an idea of the type of accommodation available on campus, you can look at our virtual tours.

If you have any other questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.