Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello and a big welcome to everyone who is visiting this thread. I would be happy to engage in any sort of discussion if you are in a similar boat as me (or not!) or to just wish to chat about school and life.
    My name is Ali, I am 16 and I am currently a year 11 student in an international school outside of UK.

My examboard is CIE, and I am taking 9 courses:
    (My target grades\what I expect I can do are in bold)
    English First Language A*
    English Literature A*
    Mathematics A*
    Chemistry A*
    Biology A*
    Physics A/A*
    History B/A/A*
    Geography B/A/A*
    German Foreign Language A/A*

My dream career is Medicine <3
    My favourite subjects are: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics. I'll admit that I'm not particularly keen on humanities, as they bore me to death sometimes.

Apart from my academic targets, I want to do well because I would love to transfer to another international school in our city where they offer the IB diploma, and the sdandards are quite higher. However, it is only a possibility for now since I'm considering pros and cons of a-levels and IB individually.

Some background: My school does not really focus on the sciences that much, and is quite dysfunctional in a way, which is a minor misfortune for me, as I am more of an independant learner. Although it does set me back sometimes, I take responsibility onto myself and I try to devote all my free time for revision and self-studying. I haven't been in this british curriculum for a long time, but I am determined not to let fears and insecurities get in the way of my success and well-being! I hope to inspire people and be inspired by achievements above and beyond school life.

Thank you for your visit and I hope to hear from y'all! ))

ReputationRep:
    The ways in which I performed my light version of revision for my mocks are:

- Making concise, collourful notes and reviewing them
    - Studying important concepts through flashcards (they are my obsession )
    - Watching revision videos on youtube
    - Practicing questions from the book and the revision guides for CIE and some for Edexcel

For the real thing I wish to continue doing that, plus:
    - For Bio, Chemistry and Physics I will do past papers, write the questions I got wrong on the flashcards and write key words from the mark scheme on the back. Sounds like a good idea, right?
    - For Maths: AS MANY PAST PAPERS AS THERE IS !!!

If anyone knows any other helpful tips, I would really appreciate you sharing them

ReputationRep:
    Hello! today I am right in the middle of my mocks, tomorrow I have Biology alternative to practical about which I am quite worried
    But the good news is, after this week we have a holiday! That means more time for studying (and being distracted by completely random things....hmmmm)
    During the last three days, I have completed three maths paper 4 papers, lighlty revised to geography paper 1 mock (which was tragically, today)
    This week I need to: Revise for History component paper (Gulf war) and Physics theory

ReputationRep:
    In 1-2 weeks I will get my official mocks report, so it will be a nice tool to motivate myself to study more

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.