The Student Room Group

Double Science.

I seem to be passing every exam so far in mock exams, besides Science. I find it highly difficult purely because I've only just got myself a good teacher who knows his stuff, the last 3 years my school has failed to provide me with a good quality teacher whom I am going to learn from, which is really annoying as it is me who is failing science because of it. I have my exams in around 11 weeks and I am so scared I am not going to pass science as my dream is to be a teacher and for that I need C's or above in English maths and science. Does anybody have any tips or procedures I can try out to help me revise for science in order to pass?
You're not the only one with the poor quality of teachers being hired, don't worry.
Its the pressure, we have all coursework to do, even last years core coursework because the teacher had no idea what they were doing...

My best tip is to revise in little chunks; like in sections of 25 minutes, have a break by getting a drink or something to eat.
Don't overwork your brain, its not a robot.

Another tip I have is to put keywords or any information which you have on post-it-notes and stick them around your home - in the bathroom, toilet, and each time you walk past read it. It will help :smile:

Believe in yourself. The last 3 years have now gone. Use your current teacher the best to your ability that you possibly can.
i have the same problem i do additional science that means 2 pieces of coursework that i did last year and i failed both with a D when i should i have got An A all because of my teacher not teaching me the right stuff because my new teacher confirmed that my teacher from last year taught me wrong and now im playing catch up aswell as im getting D's in my science mocks :frown:
but i just do short revision times for science because thats my most weak subject :smile:
http://www.acceleratedstudynotes.com/tables-of-content-igcse-science-0607/

^^ You should take a look at this site, it really helped me, especially with Chem. It's aimed at the IGCSE syllabus but i'm sure it's similar to your syllabus :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest