Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    posh or common?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    posh or common?
    In what way? I eat my tea on the sette, but I am quite well spoken, what does that make me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    In what way? I eat my tea on the sette, but I am quite well spoken, what does that make me?
    more posh!

ReputationRep:
    you decide- i'd say posh

ReputationRep:
    common I wear a watch with sellatape on, says its all really

ReputationRep:
    My mums from Europes biggest council estate, my dads from a large house in Fulham/Chelsea. However my mums side of the family is posher than my dads although my dad speaks with a posh southern accent with a hint of north.

ReputationRep:
    posh or common?
    Definitely posh
    I get called posh all the time :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My parents are common, my grandma is quite posh, I don't know, I voted common as I live on a council/ex council estate.

EDIT - I was recently told I speak posh, but that is so not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    probably common, but being from Bucks automaticaly makes me posh apparently so i put that :cool:
    Same. Apparently we are posh, and I think it's because of places like Gerrards Cross.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really. Depends who I'm with/what I feel like. I can be both.

ReputationRep:
    i aint posh - and i certainly aint common! if you wanna see common people, come to my town! they'll blow you away!

ReputationRep:
    i am quiet common when i talk to my friends but when i meet a stranger or when i talk to teachers etc, i will change to completely different person. i never intent to do that, weird how i can change myself quikly.

ReputationRep:
    common as muck

ReputationRep:
    To southerners I probably sound common what do you think?

*This is a high quality recording*

ReputationRep:
    To southerners I probably sound common what do you think?

*This is a high quality recording*
    how comes i can't open the file?

ReputationRep:
    This will work now

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/amazingwav.mp3

ReputationRep:
    i hate to admit it but i'm probably posh - well voice wise anyway. I've been told i'm quite posh, which i hate - but it's cos my mum comes from quite a posh family, and i've inherited her accent slightly. The way i hear my voice, i'm not posh at all, but obviously the way i come across is quite posh....or what i prefer "Well spoken for"

ReputationRep:
    I went to a private school for 10 years but was brought up with townies, what does that make me?
    Oh sog it I'll just put posh.

ReputationRep:
    posh or common?
    Good poll Katie. Maybe you do have a brain! hehe

I don't think I'm posh but I've heard too many times that I sound like a public school boy or a BBC TV presenter that I guess I seem more posh than common. Plus I believe in good manners and being polite. Hate people who are terrified about saying thanks or sorry. I've lived in countries where people can barge into you, make you spill your coffee or drop your papers and just look behind and not bother to just say "sorry".

ReputationRep:
    I'm not posh, but I can convincingly pretend to be.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.