The Student Room Group

Should I do A-Levels?

I have come to a slight dilemma in my life. First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am currently studying Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Unit 1,2 and 3 in all sciences), BPE, ICT, Computing, Law and Product Design.

Now the problem: I am expected to gain A's and above in most (if not all) subjects. I will have to work very hard if I am to do this, but nevertheless it is what I am aiming for. I would just like to ask whether it is a good idea to get an Apprenticeship with Siemens or BAE (the big two in my area); or if I should go on to do A-Levels (I am thinking of studying Physics, Maths, Law and Computing).

I have put some thought into this and I was thinking that I could do an apprenticeship for 2-3 years, save the money, and use it to go to University without gaining any debt.

What do you guys think? Should I go for an Apprenticeship or A-Levels.
Original post by Zhundo
I have come to a slight dilemma in my life. First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am currently studying Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Unit 1,2 and 3 in all sciences), BPE, ICT, Computing, Law and Product Design.

Now the problem: I am expected to gain A's and above in most (if not all) subjects. I will have to work very hard if I am to do this, but nevertheless it is what I am aiming for. I would just like to ask whether it is a good idea to get an Apprenticeship with Siemens or BAE (the big two in my area); or if I should go on to do A-Levels (I am thinking of studying Physics, Maths, Law and Computing).

I have put some thought into this and I was thinking that I could do an apprenticeship for 2-3 years, save the money, and use it to go to University without gaining any debt.

What do you guys think? Should I go for an Apprenticeship or A-Levels.

Really depends on what you want to do at uni as some courses require further education..

Quick Reply