Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is he so strange Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    when a guy is so awkward.... The tense atmosphere drives me insane...: Not like he's uncomfortable or fearing for his life but he covers his mouth with his hand or he just looks shy or he tries not to laugh I when I say something that isn't a joke but he finds it amusing.... Like wth.... I don't get it and it makes me feel awkward... He says I make him laugh then contradicts that I am so lost.... I feel like I don't know whether the conversation has ended or whether it's just an awkward 5 second moment.... So yeah what's the crack because this doesn't usually happen to me. We work in a place where relationships within work is forbidden (yeah not very modern) and so we can't really communicate to one another because it's potentially risky.... I feel confused is he just shy is he digging me or is he just weird.... I don't know if I like him but his behaviour is kind of causing me some anxiety- as I can't figure out what to do I find myself casual avoiding him and eye contact because I don't want weirdness.... I remember speaking to him probably in November his eyes joined mine and he looked at my eyeballs for what felt like forever in reality it was probably 6/7 seconds longer than a passing glance.... It made me feel very on edge not in a creepy way but like I left thinking what just happened wth was that about.... I don't know how to move forward but it's making work dreadfully awkward spending my day trying to avoid him and stress.. I don't deal with this sort of thing easily. My last relationship lasted 6 years and it's my only relationship so I don't know what signs i am looking for I'm not really very experienced which is why I feel like I'm not sure if This is something guys do.... It is feesable that I'm over speculating and that I am over-reacting to a shy guy but my logic is that early 30 something guys aren't that shy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "he looked at my eyeballs for what felt like forever"
    :rofl:

Srsly though, does it matter if he likes you if you're both forbidden from having a relationship anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    "he looked at my eyeballs for what felt like forever"
    :rofl:

Srsly though, does it matter if he likes you if you're both forbidden from having a relationship anyway?
    He was staring right at my eyes like staring me out it was bizarre to say the least
    I see your point.... But it does matter because if it's just me then I can admit I'm a plonka and stop feeling this way it would make going to work easier...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auntumn89)
    He was staring right at my eyes like staring me out it was bizarre to say the least
    I see your point.... But it does matter because if it's just me then I can admit I'm a plonka and stop feeling this way it would make going to work easier...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you if it's just you or not, he might like you like that or he might not.. Unless one of you says something about it you may never know. If you aren't interested and a relationship is off the cards anyway I'd just ignore it as best you can. There's not a lot else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really shy and I tend to do things when I'm around people I don't know, which probably make me seem like a really strange person.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Then again, I probably am... I can't help it though, it's just nervousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you if it's just you or not, he might like you like that or he might not.. Unless one of you says something about it you may never know. If you aren't interested and a relationship is off the cards anyway I'd just ignore it as best you can. There's not a lot else you can do.
    Yeah.... I'm certainly not going to make myself look like a prize plum by asking him.... Guess it's just be one of those things. I will not risk asking him.... I'm a bit shy as well which I don't think helps the situation... Hence I sit there feeling awkward.... Hey ho... Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    I'm really shy and I tend to do things when I'm around people I don't know, which probably make me seem like a really strange person.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Then again, I probably am... I can't help it though, it's just nervousness.
    He acts perfectly normal with everyone else.... He can sit with my friend and chat to her and not act like a weirdo...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auntumn89)
    He acts perfectly normal with everyone else.... He can sit with my friend and chat to her and not act like a weirdo...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then he almost definitely fancies you...

ReputationRep:
    Because his weird shy and nervous. Maybe he dosent have good social skills and maybe he has a little cruch on you too.

I have a shy weird male friend like that, I figured out he had a crush on me.

So set your boudaries VERY clear and make sure you hang out with other people not just him.

You will also find that once his less nervous with you, he might to start to act a bit more normal - or at least my weird friend did

ReputationRep:
    Ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetEmily)
    Because his weird shy and nervous. Maybe he dosent have good social skills and maybe he has a little cruch on you too.

I have a shy weird male friend like that, I figured out he had a crush on me.

So set your boudaries VERY clear and make sure you hang out with other people not just him.

You will also find that once his less nervous with you, he might to start to act a bit more normal - or at least my weird friend did
    He has good social skills we work in a hospital he speaks to people all day long..... Yeah I think I might just see if I can change shifts or something.... Out of sight out of mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should start staring into his eyeballs too

for three reasons:
    1. you might stare deep enough into his soul and figure out what he's really about
    2. he'll get freaked out/ realise this is exactly what he's been doing and back off
    3. he'll stare right back until the sexual tension builds up so much you two start ****ing right there and then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    maybe you should start staring into his eyeballs too

for three reasons:
    1. you might stare deep enough into his soul and figure out what he's really about
    2. he'll get freaked out/ realise this is exactly what he's been doing and back off
    3. he'll stare right back until the sexual tension builds up so much you two start ****ing right there and then
    Yeah might get fired for that haha....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.