Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got my mock results back in history and got a U in history. But my teacher is terrible and we havent been taught some of the stuff on the paper. She had us outside throwing screwed up paper at each other to symbolise the battleof Britain. This is going to help me get at least a c how??? Any revision tips??

ReputationRep:
    use flashcards to memorise dates and names of people etc and from experience, handwriting out battles and scenes and things that happen in your own words so you understand it can help a lot

ReputationRep:
    If you feel you don't have all the info for the course, maybe google "gcse history (the topic your doing)" and see if you can find anything or maybe have a look on bbc bitesize? There also may be revsion guides you can get, I'm not too sure as i do Scottish qualifications. In terms of studying, try and do it in small periods of time and use flash cards, mindmaps, posters - anything. It's just about finding what method works best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When it came to revising for my history exams, I found myself becoming overly stressed as I felt I needed to know every single detail. However, I found that a lot of the time you only really needed to learn the year an event happened, so don't fuss too much over the month and the day. It is good if you can remember them though! Also, flashcards worked very well for me, especially when it came to events, but everybody is different! I would say to try and figure out what revision method works best for you. Good luck, i'm sure you'll do great!

ReputationRep:
    use bbc bite size history (the old link is better)- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/
    make a timeline so you can put in the key events and dates that you are meant to know.
    also do past papers. i know its really long but its good to practice.
    and get someone to mark the past papers
    good luck!!!!!!
    -you can excel in any subject just practice and dont give up

ReputationRep:
    During my GCSE History revision I used these methods:
    • Summarised each event into 3 or 4 bullet points to remember it
    • Made a list of dates including each significant event
    After covering all content:
    • Did lots of past paper questions
    • If I didn't have time to do a past paper question I used to bullet point my paragraphs
    • In an exam I used to do a quick plan before starting the essay so I had an idea of the structure

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.