mm321
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i have a few months before my gcse biology exams im in year 10 currently but am taking these early i havent started to revise yet but dont know how to???
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mm321)
i have a few months before my gcse biology exams im in year 10 currently but am taking these early i havent started to revise yet but dont know how to???
The best ways to revise would probably be to first make your revision notes using the specification so that you don't miss any key information out, and then doing lots and lots of past papers, so that you know exactly how to answer different types of questions and so that you're more familiar with the exam layout. Another thing you could do is to look at examiner reports from the GCSE bio website, so that you know which mistakes to avoid making.
James2138
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theotherside.)
the best ways to revise would probably be to first make your revision notes using the specification so that you don't miss any key information out, and then doing lots and lots of past papers, so that you know exactly how to answer different types of questions and so that you're more familiar with the exam layout. Another thing you could do is to look at examiner reports from the gcse bio website, so that you know which mistakes to avoid making.
any 2015 past papers???? Do you have any??
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James2138)
any 2015 past papers???? Do you have any??
Sorry, but nope.

If you are asking this to 'prepare' for any mocks you might have, please do bear in mind that you'll benefit more from the mocks if you treat them like the real exams.

If you're just looking for 2015 past papers to revise from for the actual GCSEs, then I think that they don't come out until about early May (at least for AQA, that's the case).
James2138
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
Sorry, but nope.

If you are asking this to 'prepare' for any mocks you might have, please do bear in mind that you'll benefit more from the mocks if you treat them like the real exams.

If you're just looking for 2015 past papers to revise from for the actual GCSEs, then I think that they don't come out until about early May (at least for AQA, that's the case).
username2369377
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The main thing for GCSE biology is to know the content and be able to apply the information to different scenarios. Flash cards are really good; go through one topic a day and make flash cards on it. Once you've done this for all the topics, do many past papers to apply the knowledge (just go to the website of your exam board and you can find past papers there). Good luck c:

Posted from TSR Mobile
James2138
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=zombie-dance;62701561]The main thing for GCSE biology is to know the content and be able to apply the information to different scenarios. Flash cards are really good; go through one topic a day and make flash cards on it. Once you've done this for all the topics, do many past papers to apply the knowledge (just go to the website of your exam board and you can find past papers there). Good luck c:

BUT
username2369377
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=James2138;62701679]
(Original post by zombie-dance)
The main thing for GCSE biology is to know the content and be able to apply the information to different scenarios. Flash cards are really good; go through one topic a day and make flash cards on it. Once you've done this for all the topics, do many past papers to apply the knowledge (just go to the website of your exam board and you can find past papers there). Good luck c:

BUT
But what? xD don't feel intimated because if you're starting in February, you have plenty of time c:
mm321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
The best ways to revise would probably be to first make your revision notes using the specification so that you don't miss any key information out, and then doing lots and lots of past papers, so that you know exactly how to answer different types of questions and so that you're more familiar with the exam layout. Another thing you could do is to look at examiner reports from the GCSE bio website, so that you know which mistakes to avoid making.
Thank you so much!!!!
glowanti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past papers. You will be able to get these from the exam boards website.

Make posters and flash cards for definitions and explanations of things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads