Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Brighton; Eastbourne experiences? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offer to study at The University of Brighton (at the Eastbourne Campus) and was just wondering what it was like to study there? Whether it's a sociable campus, if the societies were good and the general area etc as i'm pretty unfamiliar with the location. Also the halls in Eastbourne seem hella expensive.. £158 a week, so I'm kind of just wondering if it was worth staying in halls or getting a house, though again if I get a house I don't want to seem cut off from everyone? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I studied in Eastbourne. The campus is very social and everybody knows everybody - there are only about 3000 students on campus but it is a small campus. There are loads of societies to join and majority of sports one are based here rather than Brightons main campus. There are 3 student nights out there which are always really busy so plenty of nightlife and things to do. I stayed in halls in my first year and it was expensive but definitely worth it, I think it just has to be done for first year. Being in a house doesnt restrict you at all from meeting other people but halls is an experience in itself.
    Hope this advice helps.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VNL8QKF
    I would hugely appreciate it if you could fill out this survey to help us develop even more events and things to do in Eastbourne. Its only 9 questions and will only take a couple of minutes. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest to stay in halls. One of my friends dropped out because she realised she was on the wrong course. She was staying in a house and next year when she comes back to uni on the course she actually wants to do she said that she wants to live in halls because she felt social isolated. So if you can afford halls I'd suggest go for it
    Also, make sure you try and go to events in Brighton as much as possible, Eastbournes a bit of a **** hole. Like freshers it was good but then it just became the same thing every week after that because it's specific clubs for specific days

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Eastbourne is a great place to live and study! There is a lot to do, and is a great student community.

We would like to make you aware, there are a number of fake groups on Facebook that will try and get you to purchase tickets to freshers events. Please do not trust these!

The only official Freshers' package is Freshtival and the AAA Pass which is run by Brighton Students' Union and their events partners Husky Events. There are official channels already created on social media for these for the eastbourne campus, please head to Facebook and /eastbournefreshers2017 to be connected. We cannot wait to see you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.