The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Lenient with grade boundaries

Hi, uob is my firm choice, for my course they want AAB and an A in math. If worse comes to worse and i got ABB or even ABC (with the A in math) would i be accepted? Has anyone experienced anything similar to this and have been accepted?
Reply 1
What course are you applying for? If it's something like maths or engineering they'll probably offer you a foundation year if you don't miss your offer too badly

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Math and philosophy. Urghhh really don't want to take a foundation year :frown:. My predicted grades are ABB, because they gave me an offer based on those grades, do you think i could get in with them too?
I wouldn't believe the grades of your offer too much; quite often they inflate them to try to attract stronger candidates than they otherwise would, even though they're prepared to accept lower. Plenty of people in my year missed their offers by a grade or two and still got places. Not that you should be lulled into a false sense of security, as there's no way of really telling what grades they're prepared to accept and it probably varies substantially by year depending on how many offer holders meet their offers etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh okay thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending