Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I break up with my girlfriend on valentines day? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know that this seems like an obvious question but the thing is I was at a party the other week, got really drunk and accidentally cheated on her. I'm going to break up soon as she's starting to really get on my nerves and this is partially why I did this but I'm not sure whether its a good idea to do this now when valentines day is across the corner. It seems incredibly cruel and adding insult to injury. Should I break up with her now and should I come clean about the cheating or just come up with some other excuse?

ReputationRep:
    On one hand you've already hurt her deeply and she certainly doesn't deserve to be hurt may more, on the other hand I'm sure she'd be glad to get out of the relationship asap if this is how you behave
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I know that this seems like an obvious question but the thing is I was at a party the other week, got really drunk and accidentally cheated on her. I'm going to break up soon as she's starting to really get on my nerves and this is partially why I did this but I'm not sure whether its a good idea to do this now when valentines day is across the corner. It seems incredibly cruel and adding insult to injury. Should I break up with her now and should I come clean about the cheating or just come up with some other excuse?
    Do it asap and be honest at what you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Um, break up now because she will definitely feel worse on Valentines day. If she was getting on your nerves, you should have broken up as soon as she was, instead of cheating on her. Just end it now

ReputationRep:
    At least you will save money not buying her anything..its win win tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im a ******* for this but since you have no morals why not enjoy valentines sex first, dump her over text after for **** points, oh and dont say u cheated say it was just cus shes ugly

yolo cant believe i just wrote that sometimes i think id make a really good villain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Im a ******* for this but since you have no morals why not enjoy valentines sex first, dump her over text after for **** points, oh and dont say u cheated say it was just cus shes ugly

yolo cant believe i just wrote that sometimes i think id make a really good villain
    no

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to end the relationship, at least do it by talking to her, no dumping by text or changing relationship status on Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    ...you're considering doing it on valentine's day instead of doing it before or after? wot

ReputationRep:
    Just dump her next week, dont be horrible on Valentine's day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    ...you're considering doing it on valentine's day instead of doing it before or after? wot
    its the next time I see her in person and if I do it over facebook I look like the bad guy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.