The Student Room Group

Uclan nursing interview what to expect?! HELP

Ok I have an interview for uclan and I'm really really panicking. I'm not quite up to scratch with current issues with in the NHS. Does this matter? I am aware but my knowledge isn't in depth. Also, somebody said to revise "hospital situations"? Why would I know these when I have no hospital experience?? I'm panicking so much
Reply 1
Original post by Sash92
Ok I have an interview for uclan and I'm really really panicking. I'm not quite up to scratch with current issues with in the NHS. Does this matter? I am aware but my knowledge isn't in depth. Also, somebody said to revise "hospital situations"? Why would I know these when I have no hospital experience?? I'm panicking so much

When is your interview? Try not to panic. I know that's hard!
I havent heard from uclan yet.... They are my 1st choice. I think!
I don't think you can 'revise' hospital situations. It's showing you can apply the 6cs to a given situation. Eg What would you do if...
Know the 6cs think about the question take your time. Ask to repeat/clarify if you are not sure before you answer.
Current issues. Choose something. Read a few articles. You will probably be asked what current issues are affecting NHS... How does this impact child health
You don't need in depth knowledge. Just showing that you are aware/paying attention to current issues
Reply 2
Hope that helps a bit. Like I say I haven't had an interview at uclan so not sure exactly. Good luck. Let me know how it goes
Reply 3
Original post by kjp06
Hope that helps a bit. Like I say I haven't had an interview at uclan so not sure exactly. Good luck. Let me know how it goes

Thank you that helps a lot. It's adult nursing I have applied for , my interview is on 19 March and I have an interview for UCUM Lancaster on Wednesday. I'm currently looking at the issues surrounding cutting the NHS bursary grant. I will also look at other issues . Let me know if you get an interview! Where else have you applied?
Reply 4
Original post by Sash92
Thank you that helps a lot. It's adult nursing I have applied for , my interview is on 19 March and I have an interview for UCUM Lancaster on Wednesday. I'm currently looking at the issues surrounding cutting the NHS bursary grant. I will also look at other issues . Let me know if you get an interview! Where else have you applied?

Sorry child nursing on the brain! I have interviews at Salford and uoc too. Had a rejection from edge hill. Good luck
Reply 5
Original post by kjp06
Sorry child nursing on the brain! I have interviews at Salford and uoc too. Had a rejection from edge hill. Good luck

When is your interview for uoc?
Hi I had an interview at Uclan last Wednesday to start adult nursing this March, try not to worry to much about not having the experience in a hostpital etc as I haven't and they try and tailor the questions towards you as a person, like asking you abit about yourself and what you do first etc, also I didn't get asked anything about current issues but it is always good to have a few just incase, just keep in mind the 6cs and mention them when you can, you will be absolutely fine 😘Xx
Reply 7
Original post by mishakempx
Hi I had an interview at Uclan last Wednesday to start adult nursing this March, try not to worry to much about not having the experience in a hostpital etc as I haven't and they try and tailor the questions towards you as a person, like asking you abit about yourself and what you do first etc, also I didn't get asked anything about current issues but it is always good to have a few just incase, just keep in mind the 6cs and mention them when you can, you will be absolutely fine 😘Xx

Thank you! I have one at UOC Lancaster today and it was so enjoyable! Good luck x
Reply 8
Original post by Sash92
When is your interview for uoc?

Hi sorry forgot to reply. It's not until 4th may!! Not sure whether to ring up and see if an earlier space has come available 😕
Hope yours went well!
Reply 9
what sort of question is the English exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending