Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sweden 2-2 Denmark, latest score. If nobody else scores in that game then Italy are out. Seems a little fishy - 2-2 was the only score that would send them both through regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Sweden 2-2 Denmark, latest score. If nobody else scores in that game then Italy are out. Seems a little fishy - 2-2 was the only score that would send them both through regardless.
    yeh they going out even though they scored!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the Danes and the Swedes are through - bye bye Italy. Just as Italy scored a late winner too...

ReputationRep:
    all the papers were sayin about 2-2!
    and the bookies were giving 10 to 1! i should of listened to the media!!!!

ReputationRep:
    omg i feel so sorry for the italians

Lol I was certain that it would end 2-2.

ReputationRep:
    oh cassano's face was a undescribable after that goal

ReputationRep:
    What a game!

And what a group!

Who would have said a 2-2 draw for the Danes and the Swedes?

Unbelievable.

And Italy had to play attacking football.

It's that football they should have played throughout the whole tournament, then they might have won one or both of the other games.

ReputationRep:
    me 2 epecially Cassano got the last 1.

ReputationRep:
    Oh whoops. My thread will probably be deleted, so I'll post my message here. That's so unfair. The 1st team to score 5 points and go out in the group stage. I felt gutted for the Italian players when they finally scored, but were told it was all for nothing. Just wondering, could Sweden and Denmark have fixed the match for the result to be 2:2-the result which suited both. Well done to Italy and hard luck.
    Why again do Sweden go through with a 2:2 draw?
    Oh yeah, goal difference.

Why, why did the danish goalie spill the ball?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

otherwise the italins would go through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh whoops. My thread will probably be deleted, so I'll post my message here. That's so unfair. The 1st team to score 5 points and go out in the group stage. I felt gutted for the Italian players when they finally scored, but were told it was all for nothing. Just wondering, could Sweden and Denmark have fixed the match for the result to be 2:2-the result which suited both. Well done to Italy and hard luck.
    Why again do Sweden go through with a 2:2 draw?
    Oh yeah, goal difference.

no they couldn't! did you see the game?! denmark were on there way to make a third goal for a while and they played most part of the match better than sweden. it wasn'r a fixed result.

i think i'm the only one that is happy that 2-2 was the result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    those goals were very very dodgy

a penalty is an easy way to fix a goal

and the way Sorensen parried that at the end looked suspicious, wouldn't be surprised if Italy complained about that, so harsh on them
    I agree. It looked like he could have caught it but instead just intentionally knocked it back into open play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    those goals were very very dodgy

a penalty is an easy way to fix a goal

and the way Sorensen parried that at the end looked suspicious, wouldn't be surprised if Italy complained about that, so harsh on them
    I so wanted Italy to go through. I've always kept an eye on them since the 94 world cup (when I supported them and was gutted that they lost). Noone will be able to prove even if the match ws fixed. Sure the goals were a penalty and a parried save from the danish goalie, and it was always Sweden coming back to score, but that's not enough evidence.

ReputationRep:
    why do you all think that this game was fixed? just cause it was italy, and two nordic countries?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a 2-2 is not the easiest of results to fix, it's hardly like the Austria vs Germany game from I believe the 78 world cup. A 0-0 would have sent them both through, and they played out one of the most dull matches ever, and surprise surprise, it was 0-0. :rolleyes:
    But I don't believe tonight's game was fixed. They both have as much right as Italy to go through, and to be honest I'm glad they are.

ReputationRep:
    look, if italy had won 3-1 or more, then they would have gone through. on better goal difference/goals scored

besides, both games happend simultaneously, so i doubt a fix was on teh cards.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite obvious why someone would think it was fixed: because with that score (2-2) they both passed the turn, and Italy is out.

I'm Italian, and I'm really, really sorry. Especially for the players, and especially for those who had not been thinking so highly of themselves throughout the 3 matches, for those who are always prepared to give everything to make the team win. I'm so sorry for Cassano. And I'm indescribably angry with Totti for what he did. And most of all, I really hope that Trapattoni will go away, he's just the worst trainer ever. If we're now out, it's for the most part his fault.

Anyway, I think that we did not really deserve to pass the turn, I hope the players will learn a little bit of humility.

ReputationRep:
    Italy wouldn't have gone through even if it had won 100-1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiel)
    Italy wouldn't have gone through even if it had won 100-1.
    how come? surely if they HAD won 100-1, they would have had a better goal difference, hence it would go through!

all 3 teams ended on 5 points you know, so presumably they would've gone through on goal difference.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.