Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Italy going out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watford110)
    Agreed that both Sweden and Denmark played better than Italy. But if you know anything about football you would know that Italy have had a long tradition of being late starters and have often left a lasting impression in almost every tournament they have played in. I think its a shame that they are not there.

With regards to fixing, out of every result that could have been possible in the Nordic game why did it end up 2-2? and how come sorenson, one of the best keepers in Europe, flapped at the cross!
    Yes Italy are slow starters but I don't see how that makes it a shame them going out. Bulgaria are slow starters but nobody is shedding any tears over them! All I'm saying is, if it was a fix, it was a ridiculously good and convincing one as, Holland-Czech game excepted, it was the highest tempo, most open game of football I have seen for quite a while.

And for the person complaining about the Denmark/Sweden players holding hands and celebrating, look carefully before jumping to silly conclusions. They were all Swedish players, just some of them had swapped shirts!! d'oh!

EDIT: Glad we agree on something; Sorenson one of the best keepers in Europe! As a Villa fan, watching him Mellburg and Laursen was SO exciting!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows that once Italy reach the latter stages their technical ability comes through and they often go on to semis or finals. Bulgaria are not revered international world beaters and no-one should be sheading tears over them! But Italy are a totally different kettle of fish.

ReputationRep:
    whether it was/wasnt fixed, what a game,both of them.

tommasons goal was just magic, controlled it saw the keeper off his line (OFF HIS LINE!!! FIX!!) and buried it in the top corner.

penalty against italy was harsh, they both looked like they were grappling each other. vieri should of started imo.

spain out, italy out, portugal gonna go out soon, and one of the other big boys out tommorow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    you make me so angry!
    IT WAS A FIX!!
    IT WAS A FIX!!

conceding dodgy pen + flapping at cross + revenge for Totti's disgraceful anitcs = FIX!!!

ReputationRep:
    IT WAS A FIX!!
    IT WAS A FIX!!

conceding dodgy pen + flapping at cross + revenge for Totti's disgraceful anitcs = FIX!!!
    How can conceding a dodgy penalty (actually wrong) be Sorenson's fault exactly? It's not his fault, he didn't even foul Larsson!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows that once Italy reach the latter stages their technical ability comes through and they often go on to semis or finals. Bulgaria are not revered international world beaters and no-one should be sheading tears over them! But Italy are a totally different kettle of fish.
    it is such a shame that their technical ability didn't come through in the earlier stages :rolleyes:
    then maybe they wouldn't have been so dependent on the sweden-denmark match

ReputationRep:
    technical ability to sit back on a one goal lead, with 10men behind the ball?? or maybe scrape through on pens.
    italy are pretty boring.decent defence with some good players but too defensive.

ReputationRep:
    it is such a shame that their technical ability didn't come through in the earlier stages :rolleyes:
    then maybe they wouldn't have been so dependent on the sweden-denmark match
    Precisely!

ReputationRep:
    Im disgusted! Obviously a lot of you aint got a clue about international football and arent students of the game and therefore dont appreciate the game.

I bet most of you come August wont actually know that the domestic season starts and have just joined on to the Euro 2004 bandwagon!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Bulgaria got to a world cup semi as recently as Italy did!! No team has a divine right to get anywhere in football. You have to EARN it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Oh, and Bulgaria got to a world cup semi as recently as Italy did!! No team has a divine right to get anywhere in football. You have to EARN it!
    And what was the score when Italy played Bulgaria in USA 94! Roberto Baggio come to mind!

ReputationRep:
    Im disgusted! Obviously a lot of you aint got a clue about international football and arent students of the game and therefore dont appreciate the game.

I bet most of you come August wont actually know that the domestic season starts and have just joined on to the Euro 2004 bandwagon!
    Pathetic. Because you are far in the minority you consider yourself to know far more about everything than us lesser mortals! Judging by your username I guess you're a Watford fan. Introduce yourself in the bar before the Aylesbury friendly on 31st July then

ReputationRep:
    And what was the score when Italy played Bulgaria in USA 94! Roberto Baggio come to mind!
    Using an individual result of a game 10 years ago to show why its such a shame Italy went out tonight is interesting, if somewhat pointless!

ReputationRep:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Did you even watch the Denmark-Sweden match? It was no way rigged. They deserve to go through because over three games, they have been better than Italy. Get over it and move on. And what the hell do you know about how much people on here know about football?

ReputationRep:

just cause you aren't an italian fan doesn't mean that you don't appreciate the game.

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic. Because you are far in the minority you consider yourself to know far more about everything than us lesser mortals! Judging by your username I guess you're a Watford fan. Introduce yourself in the bar before the Aylesbury friendly on 31st July then
    Not everything, just football. The only friendlies i shall be going to are the the tour of ibiza and oor home friendly against Zaragoza. Went to Aylesbury a few seasons ago when we won 2-1!

I dont claim to know more about footy than every1 else, just most ppl, including some posters on UKL!

ReputationRep:
    just cause you aren't an italian fan doesn't mean that you don't appreciate the game.
    I am actually an England and Watford fan and i appreciate good international football!

ReputationRep:
    Not everything, just football. The only friendlies i shall be going to are the the tour of ibiza and oor home friendly against Zaragoza. Went to Aylesbury a few seasons ago when we won 2-1!

I dont claim to know more about footy than every1 else, just most ppl, including some posters on UKL!
    Was that Vialli's first game in charge? Not seen as many TV cameras down Buckingham Road for a while!!

Oh and it's good to see Lee Cook doing well for you. Not that we'll easily forget the way you went about tapping him up...

ReputationRep:
    Was that Vialli's first game in charge? Not seen as many TV cameras down Buckingham Road for a while!!
    Lol. It was indeed. Wot a disaster he turned out to be!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. It was indeed. Wot a disaster he turned out to be!
    haha and you seemed SO happy that day... The chanting of "we got Vialli". The bloke next to me said "I feel so much better now I know I'm not dreaming!"

I just have to laugh

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.