Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which abortion method it should use ?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey i got pregnant a week ago , but i dont want to be have baby at this time .so i want to abort this baby but i am confused which method i should choose either abortion pill or surgery??
    please tell me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiaalex)
    hey i got pregnant a week ago , but i dont want to be have baby at this time .so i want to abort this baby but i am confused which method i should choose either abortion pill or surgery??
    please tell me
    I've moved your post to the sexual health forum.

Make an appointment and go and see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    It's too late to take the morning after pill, you can only take that up to 72 hours after unprotected sex and its likelihood of working is reduced after the first 24 hours. If you're sure you're pregnant then make an appointment to see your GP ASAP and you can talk through your options with them. They'll be much better equipped to help than us strangers on the Internet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    When you go to your GP and tell them this, you will get a referral to an abortion service that will a) confirm that you are indeed pregnant, b) confirm you that you want to do this and c) talk about the options.

Most women now go for the 'medical abortion' i.e. take a pill that causes a miscarriage, rather than the 'surgical abortion' option, but the abortion service will go through the pros and cons of each with you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You are most likely still very early on in the pregnancy so the abortion pill will be used. The pill is used for up to 9 weeks usually. You have to go to your GP or sexual health/family planning clinic and discuss it with them and they will refer you onto an abortion centre which could be a clinic or in a hospital. The referral should take no more than a fortnight I was told. I had to go to the maternity ward at my local hospital for mine. If you chose to go through the abortion then you will be given a pill orally one day and then told to come back to the clinic 2 days later when you'll be given more pills but these go up your vagina this time and then within 3 or 4 hours you will start bleeding and then you will be observed for a few hours further. If you have a negative blood type, you will also need a jab before you leave. I think it's to do with cross contamination of you and the embryos blood in case they were positive and you are negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A number of replies have been deleted from this, but it looks like the OP bought some drugs from an unregulated website to induce an abortion herself.

I hope this did not turn out as badly as it easily could have done - it is not a wise thing to do, especially as a safe abortion is free and relatively easy to obtain via the NHS.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.