Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm another AS Theatre Studies candidate who's sort of dying where monologues are concerned - the criterion are a little bit tight and I'm struggling so if there's anyone who could possibly give me a hand I'd be pretty grateful.

-Character cannot be matriarchal (I am playing a matriarch in my scripted)
    -Character must be female
    -Must be possible to perform the monologue in a British accent (any British dialect is fine)

Discounted Monologues
    -'Is Brutus Sick?' - Portia, Julius Caesar (character too matriarchal)

'Probably Not's
    -Emma, Pterodactyls (too flippant, not enough emotional depth)

-Lulu, Shopping and F ing (awaiting a response from my teacher on whether this would be an appropriate option)

As I've said, I know this is super annoying and self-involved but it would be so helpful to me if someone could offer a hand. Thanks!

What type of monologue would you like to do/ Classical or contemporary? Emotional, comedic, abstract, etc.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.