Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any common topics which appear on the AQA Geography A human AND physical paper?
    Also, is there a website where I can find older past papers - pre- 2012?
    Many thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by H.cool)
    Does anyone know any common topics which appear on the AQA Geography A human AND physical paper?
    Many thanks
    Look at all the past papers you can get a hold of and make a list of the topics that keep coming up, your common topics, but you should to revise on everything though.

ReputationRep:
    OK - I kind of wanted to know about specific topics that are commonly found in these papers, to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    You only do 3/6 topics on each of human and physical, so 6 altogether, the ones im doing are:

human :
    -tourism
    -urbanisation
    -developement gap
    physical:
    -water on the land
    -restless earth
    -Ice on the land

ReputationRep:
    Revise everything because exam papers can be out of the ordinary sometimes to what you predict

ReputationRep:
    I am doing:

Population Change
    Tourism
    Urban Development

Restless Earth
    Ice on Land
    Coasts

Anyone out there who thinks there is a pattern in the questions the exam board asks??

ReputationRep:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37...ew?usp=sharing

Prediction for physical geography 24th May 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.cornwall)

is a mark scheme type thing for this available for checking answers?

ReputationRep:
    ???anyone have any predictions for the 8 markers for:

physical:
    -coastal zone
    -living world
    -weather + climate

human:
    -tourism
    -the development gap
    -changing urban environments

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me some examples coastal habitat questions? (preferably 8 marks but I would appreciate anything!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.cool)
    Many thanks
    https://geogteacher.wordpress.com/20...physical-exam/

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as the 2015 paper was fairly similar to the 2011 paper for restless earth, I would say that the questions from the 2012 paper are likely to reappear (Comparing earthquakes in an LEDC or MEDC, or one of the earthquakes on its own may be likely). I also think that for Water, flooding case studies could come up, possibly as a comparison. Ice I think is unlikely to have tourism in alpine areas, as this has come up around 4 times, but formation of avalanches or the case study of a retreating glacier is more likely. But then they could always throw a curveball in all or some of the topics and ask something completely different.

ReputationRep:
    The predictions for restless earth are earthquake features, measuring earthquakes, LEDC earthquake and tsunamis, they have all been worked out from what's been on the past exams

ReputationRep:
    Total rubbish mate, unrealistic 2 markers, total nonsense for that 8 marker for restless earth and for Water on the Land we don't need to know anything about deltas.

ReputationRep:

Total rubbish mate, unrealistic 2 markers, total nonsense for that 8 marker for restless earth and for Water on the Land we don't need to know anything about deltas.

ReputationRep:

are deltas in the aqa spec ?

ReputationRep:
    Use a case study to describe why a coastal habitat has distinct characteristics (8)
    Use a case study to describe how a coastal habitat is managed to reduce conflict (8)
    Use a case study to explain which species colonise in a coastal habitat and why (8)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermione118)
    Can anyone give me some examples coastal habitat questions? (preferably 8 marks but I would appreciate anything!)
    Use a case study to describe why a coastal habitat has distinct characteristics (8)
    Use a case study to describe how a coastal habitat is managed to reduce conflict (8)
    Use a case study to explain which species colonise in a coastal habitat and why (8)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzi8n137)
    Thanks for expressing an interest and appreciation for the work of others in their spare time merely to help. I advocate that if one didn't find the prediction of great utility to either not say anything or search somewhere else.
    As far is content is concerned, delta's ARE very much on the AQA Spec as of 2014 which is the exam we sit.
    I don't know what's unrealistic about the restless earth marker. Tsunami's has been an absent topic since 2013 I believe.
    Please don't address someone as mate prior to making comments that disrespect the time and effort they have gone to to try and help others.
    I wish you the best of luck in your exam on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for expressing an interest and appreciation for the work of others in their spare time merely to help. I advocate that if one didn't find the prediction of great utility to either not say anything or search somewhere else.
    As far is content is concerned, delta's ARE very much on the AQA Spec as of 2014 which is the exam we sit.
    I don't know what's unrealistic about the restless earth marker. Tsunami's has been an absent topic since 2013 I believe.
    Please don't address someone as mate prior to making comments that disrespect the time and effort they have gone to to try and help others.
    I wish you the best of luck in your exam on Tuesday!
    Not to be rude or anything, the predictions were really helpful, but Deltas aren't on the spec, at least not AQA A GCSE.

The landforms you need to know are:

Landforms resulting from erosion – waterfallsand gorges; landforms resulting from erosionand deposition – meanders and ox-bow lakes;landforms resulting from deposition – leveesand flood plains.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 23, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.