Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If you had to choose an absolute best thing about being at uni and an absolute worst, what would they be? :holmes:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    If you had to choose an absolute best thing about being at uni and an absolute worst, what would they be? :holmes:
    Best: working towards a career I love,i can't really think of a worst maybe the price of the food in the uni cafes.

ReputationRep:
    Best: Not bored. Worst: £3000 surprise bill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Best:

- The opportunity to study your subject of choice in great depth
    - The knowledge that you're taking an important step towards fulfilling your career aspirations
    - The opportunity to meet new people, some of whom will be friends for life

Worst:

Nothing

ReputationRep:
    The best thing when i was at uni was the friends i had and we used to go out a lot between lectures and had so much free time which i don't have now from working i used to go to the gym whilst at uni but now i just try do it at home.

The worst thing was the dissertation absolutely hated it and lectures after 5pm when it was winter as i did not feel like going to it then having to walk home at 6 or 7. Also hated the 9am lectures or seminars.

ReputationRep:
    Going out clubbing/getting drunk!
    Meeting new people joining societies

The workload
    It can be lonely-missing your family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Best: working towards a career I love,i can't really think of a worst maybe the price of the food in the uni cafes.
    Oh yes I hated that when I was at uni cafe price for meals were around £3 now it's £4 which is disgusting luckily there is a lot of cheap alternatives elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Best- something purposeful to focus on
    Worst- isolation (my personal viewpoint based on my circumstances, could be very different for someone else)

ReputationRep:
    Best: pretending that sitting on my arse all day studying something I enjoy constitutes work.

Worst: immature students.

Legit clear your inbox 😿

ReputationRep:
    Best: Being independent, meeting new people - mostly the social aspect
    Worst: Everyone's left wing

ReputationRep:
    Best: Getting up at 8:30 or later every day. Societies.
    Worst: Being away from friends and family, coursework
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Oh yes I hated that when I was at uni cafe price for meals were around £3 now it's £4 which is disgusting luckily there is a lot of cheap alternatives elsewhere.
    Same in my uni, its £3.50 for a fish and chips or a small lasagne, the soup and jackets are actually cheap but if you want a proper meal its cheaper to go to the takeaways on campus.

ReputationRep:
    Same in my uni, its £3.50 for a fish and chips or a small lasagne, the soup and jackets are actually cheap but if you want a proper meal its cheaper to go to the takeaways on campus.
    There was a eat for less store that sold sandwiches and baguettes for a £1 as well as jacket potato. Went there a lot don't know what happened to it think it closed down?
    If you get chips on its own it's £1.20.
    That's why I bring my own food.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    There was a eat for less store that sold sandwiches and baguettes for a £1 as well as jacket potato. Went there a lot don't know what happened to it think it closed down?
    If you get chips on its own it's £1.20.
    That's why I bring my own food.
    Bringing your own food is much better value for money every time

ReputationRep:
    Best:

The sex.

Worst:

Bath has no flaws, surely you agree.

ReputationRep:
    Bringing your own food is much better value for money every time
    My friend is the opposite she does not understand why anyone can get stingy over food she moans that her colleagues always bring food from home when she likes to eat out every day.
    Thankgod I don't work with her or all my wages will be going on food lol.

ReputationRep:
    Best: The opportunities that completing a degree opens.

Worst: Multiple assignments with similar deadlines; and, students that haven't researched their career plans fully that you can tell (from their current belly aching) will blame the course/university for their likely failures.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    My friend is the opposite she does not understand why anyone can get stingy over food she moans that her colleagues always bring food from home when she likes to eat out every day.
    Thankgod I don't work with her or all my wages will be going on food lol.
    I can't understand why people would want to spend that much on food everyday, i wonder if she realises how much she would save if she brought it from home.

ReputationRep:
    Best: N/A
    Worst: My current assignments

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.