-opportunity

Worst:
    -hard work
    -hate my course
    What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    What course are you doing?
    Biomedical Science. There is nothing actually wrong with the course, I just stopped enjoying it/ lost interest in it. No ones fault really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Biomedical Science. There is nothing actually wrong with the course, I just stopped enjoying it/ lost interest in it. No ones fault really.
    Oh fair enough' what kinda work is it? Like what does the course entail?

ReputationRep:
    Oh fair enough' what kinda work is it? Like what does the course entail?
    Stuff like cell culturing, microbial culturing, statistics (hate hate HATE), metabolic processes, understand drug metabolism. Lab techniques such as: find drug concentrations in the body, DNA electrophoresis, Cell and culture staining, protein assays ect.

All the stuff that sounds like it'll be fun is actually just menial and boring...to me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Stuff like cell culturing, microbial culturing, statistics (hate hate HATE), metabolic processes, understand drug metabolism. Lab techniques such as: find drug concentrations in the body, DNA electrophoresis, Cell and culture staining, protein assays ect.

All the stuff that sounds like it'll be fun is actually just menial and boring...to me anyway.
    Sounds Interesting in all honesty, any reason why youve lost interest, you sure its not because of the workload? People tend to hate something they feel they HAVE to do!

ReputationRep:
    Best: napping in the afternoon

Worst: the fact you can never get away from the feeling you need to work or do more. So even when you're not working or it's the weekend you have this feeling of guilt hanging over all the time and there is no real and true freedom from pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds Interesting in all honesty, any reason why youve lost interest, you sure its not because of the workload? People tend to hate something they feel they HAVE to do!
    Dat good old depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Oh yes I hated that when I was at uni cafe price for meals were around £3 now it's £4 which is disgusting luckily there is a lot of cheap alternatives elsewhere.
    £4 is cheap. What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    Not when you are a student it isn't lol.

ReputationRep:
    Best: studying something I actually want to, instead of being forced to study subjects like we did at high school.

Worst: immature students who just mess around and cheat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Not when you are a student it isn't lol.
    How cheap do you want your food? What do you normally buy, 2 quid Happy Meals?

ReputationRep:
    best: living with my boyfriend, getting to buy my own food, doing a course i love

worst: thin walls and creaky beds, never having change for the laundry, very hilly paths to walk to uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    best: living with my boyfriend, getting to buy my own food, doing a course i love

worst: thin walls and creaky beds, never having change for the laundry, very hilly paths to walk to uni
    Putting two and two together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    Putting two and two together
    yes haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    £4 × 5 days (presuming said person rustles up something for themselves over the weekend) is a hefty spend out of a student income. If you bought a selection of packed lunch products from a mainstream supermarket (not even Aldi, Lidl or B&M stores) for £20 they would likely see you through the whole month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    yes haha
    what's your uni / course actually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    what's your uni / course actually?
    graphic design, NTU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    £4 × 5 days (presuming said person rustles up something for themselves over the weekend) is a hefty spend out of a student income. If you bought a selection of packed lunch products from a mainstream supermarket (not even Aldi, Lidl or B&M stores) for £20 they would likely see you through the whole month.
    You're assuming (1) they'd be at uni every day and (2) every time they'd be at uni it'd require them to eat lunch there.

And what food could you buy for £20 which would last an entire month? Dairylea Lunchables?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.