Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to delete my account Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any advice??

ReputationRep:
    TSR doesn't delete accounts. Just log out and never return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    TSR doesn't delete accounts. Just log out and never return.
    If it was only that easy

ReputationRep:
    They can only permaban your account I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    They can only permaban your account I think
    And even then, I think that they'll only do so for a valid reason.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or if you somehow manage to annoy the mods
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR FAQ)
    How do I delete my account?The Student Room policy is not to delete the accounts of members that no longer wish to be a part of the TSR community. There are numerous reasons for this. Firstly, deleting an account would potentially remove a lot of useful information that a member has contributed to the site. Secondly, there is no way of deleting all of a member’s posts in one go, and manually removing them would be extremely time consuming. Further more, doing so would put unnecessary strain on the server, especially where that user has a high number of posts.

If you no longer wish to be involved with the site, TSR recommends that you change your password to something you will not remember and then log out. Alternatively, you can request to be permanently banned from the forum, by going to the Ask the community team forum and explaining why you wish to be banned. When you are banned from the site, your posts will not be searchable, and nor will your account appear on the members list. However, both will still appear in threads you have posted in, and your profile can still be viewed by clicking through to it form your posts, so be sure to remove profile information before you request a ban.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    And even then, I think that they'll only do so for a valid reason.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or if you somehow manage to annoy the mods
    Really? I thought they did it every time somebody just wanted their account closed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Thanks I will ask some more questions here, and then after I think i am done then adios xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Really? I thought they did it every time somebody just wanted their account closed
    Oh right :doh:

I got confused with permabanning and deleting an account :ashamed:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.