Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to study English or History at uni; volunteering? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 12 and am thinking about studying either English or History at university. What kind of volunteer work fits into the subjects like these?
    Thank you c:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by zombie-dance)
    I'm currently in year 12 and am thinking about studying either English or History at university. What kind of volunteer work fits into the subjects like these?
    Thank you c:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You wouldn't really need it to apply for those subjects so just do whatever volunteering you'd like to do really.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a museum or national heritage site nearby? Both usually look out for volunteers. My friends recently volunteered on a research project for Matlock Bath Mining Museum, gathering information and helping to put up a display.

For English, I volunteered in school to hear year 7 readers, but there is the possibility of going to hear readers at a primary school if you have free periods in the afternoon. The school would probably support you in this since it's for educational reasons.

As mentioned above you are not obligated to do volunteer work for these courses, but it will look good on your personal statement!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.