Hertfordshire University Adult Nursing Interview Questions and Maths and English Test Watch

ShelleyRL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,I am currently half way through my Access to Nursing course and have got some interview dates coming up, Hertfordshire University being one of them. Is there anyone who has recently been for an interview at Hertfordshire Uni who can tell me in detail what to expect? I've noticed on some forums that people don't really like to tell others much, if this is the case then can you please personal message me. I have 2 young children and I am pursuing a career as a Nurse for them as much as I am myself and would really like to get into Hertfordshire. Any help would really genuinely be appreciated. Thank you all so much xx
HollyAndrews
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I applied for children's nursing at Herts and I got offered a place. I can give you some advice if you still need it, though I've only just seen this so I don't know if you've had your interview! We don't like to discuss the interviews in detail as we could get into trouble from the university as it gives an unfair advantage to those who haven't been interviewed yet, though i'd be more than happy to talk generally about what they usually ask! X
ShelleyRL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by HollyAndrews)
Hey, I applied for children's nursing at Herts and I got offered a place. I can give you some advice if you still need it, though I've only just seen this so I don't know if you've had your interview! We don't like to discuss the interviews in detail as we could get into trouble from the university as it gives an unfair advantage to those who haven't been interviewed yet, though i'd be more than happy to talk generally about what they usually ask! X
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I haven't had my interview yet so any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Shelley xx
HollyAndrews
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ShelleyRL)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I haven't had my interview yet so any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Shelley xx
Well, at my interview they asked me generic questions which you can find all over the internet like 'What is the most challenging thing a nurse comes across?' and 'what are the 6c's and how would a nurse apply them?'
https://www.studential.com/universit...sing-questions
This link is a really good site for different questions you might be asked, try to get other people to give you a 'mock interview' so you can practice answering the questions! Make sure you know how you prepared for the interview, for example, I bought a book and spoke to a lot of past nursing students to understand their experience.
Just try and be yourself at the interview, believe me, I was stuttering so much and I repeated myself tons but somehow I was chosen to be offered one of 41 places (child field is much smaller than adult so don't panic!) even though I thought i'd messed up completely.

As for the tests, they are basic maths and literacy- make sure you revise decimals, multiplication, division, subtraction, addition, ratios, fractions and converting between units (like metres into cm). For the literacy, just make sure you are on your toes about recent nursing issues and double check grammar and spelling! You will honestly be fine!! If you need any more advice you can always PM me. Good luck my lovely!!<3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    All Subjects Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (45)
17.24%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (19)
7.28%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
6.51%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (28)
10.73%
Monster Munch (20)
7.66%
Pringles (70)
26.82%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
5.75%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.15%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (44)
16.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise