Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    for the fiturei

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ii220)
    I am hoping to study Medicine in the future but I want to get as much work experience/volunteering done as I can to help me later with my application (bearing in mind I'm only 15)

Can anyone please recommend where I should volunteer/do work experience?

I already volunteer every Saturday at a children's group for disabled children, and I'm sorting out volunteering at a care home. I know that's a couple of things, but I feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm not doing something that may help my application in the future? Any advice? Much appreciated.
    The volunteering is a very good start, especially at 15. You're not wasting your time.

Ideally you would want to do some work experience in a hospital or GP surgery, but unfortunately it can be difficult to get clinical placements when you aren't 17 or 18. Still, there's no harm in trying - check hospital websites for details of their work experience programmes, email doctors' secretaries, ask family members or family friends who work in the NHS if they have any contacts etc.

And if that doesn't pay off in the next few months, don't worry about it, you've still got plenty of time left to sort it all out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.