Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some days I feel positive and other times very down about my life watch

ReputationRep:
    As title,

Sometimes I feel very positive about certain aspects of my life (i.e all the obstacles I've overcome to achieve in my life)- see this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3849851

Other times I feel very down about the injustices of the world, inequality of opportunity, and difficult work colleagues. How can I harness all the positivity and good things I've cultivated from an early life that was particularly difficult?

In early life I was disabled, confined to a wheelchair and immobile and considered too stupid for mainstream school, of course, I've overcome these. But I still have days where I reflect and still see the injustices, despite my progress.

ReputationRep:
    Life is a rollercoaster. Just got to ride it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Admittedly, that is not very helpful, just what came into my mind when i saw the thread title

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to life

ReputationRep:
    I get this.

From the outside my life looks great, but I get the weirdest mood swings where I either feel amazing or like pure death. The changes are too frequent to be Bipolar and I'm really good at controlling it and shielding people in my life from it, not sure why it happens though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by royal1990)
    As title,

Sometimes I feel very positive about certain aspects of my life (i.e all the obstacles I've overcome to achieve in my life)- see this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3849851

Other times I feel very down about the injustices of the world, inequality of opportunity, and difficult work colleagues. How can I harness all the positivity and good things I've cultivated from an early life that was particularly difficult?

In early life I was disabled, confined to a wheelchair and immobile and considered too stupid for mainstream school, of course, I've overcome these. But I still have days where I reflect and still see the injustices, despite my progress.
    Congratulations on graduating!

I'm still waiting to try uni a 2nd time at the age of 25 and I can definitely relate to flitting back and forth between being proud of myself for still being alive and achieving what I've achieved and feeling down about my future prospects and the state of the world (for everyone who has a tough path in life, not just me). All I try to remember is that I'm only responsible for my path. I don't have to measure myself against what anyone else is doing. And then you have to believe that making small differences in the world is really worth it. I'm sure there are people who you can inspire having done what you've done. I think living in this world that is so full of problems and sometimes downright evil events and inequality is to focus on the small things we can do and have faith that it's all worth it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.