Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it even possible to make friends with my coursemates ? Watch

Im on an healthcare course (nursing) for 3 years and ive not got any friends from the course, yet they seem to be friends with each other. Im a mature student there are some the same age as me who have been going out with the younger ones but as usual i just dont gel with anyone despite me trying to make conversation, i just end up appearing desperate.. yet still get ignored lol.

Most of them just blank me. Im a very quiet and introverted female, interpersonal skills have sleays been bad, i did have the chance to go out with them on friday (i had to adk thrm though!) but i was very tired and just wanted to go home. I did make the effort previously and went out for a bit but yea id like to make some close friends but is it possible to break into their cliche's after 6 months of me being quiet.

Ive reslised for the past 10 years that i need to make more effort but even when i do people just dont take to me. Another thing im worried sbout is it affecting my learning as we need to practice techniques on each other etc and they will be sharing information with each other. I posted some good information for an assignment on their whatapp group and although everyone viewed it not one responded they just carried on bantering and joking smong themselves.

Help, i need some super advice lol. I dont mind not going out of them but i just want to feel one of them if you know what i mean rather thzn the quiet weirdo sitting on my own all the time.

Sorry, can one of the mods move this to the relationships section, posted in wrong forum :/

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you invite them out? Make the first move, arrange a study night, or make a facebook group to share resources/questions and invite them.

Be honest with them - you're not a very sociable person, don't take it personally.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.