Turn on thread page Beta

Law or secondary teaching watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to be a barrister but I don't think I'll be able to achieve the grades to study law at any universities in Scotland, plus the job prospects after completing the degree are highly competitive. I got a B at higher business management last year and I'm sitting higher English geography biology and chemistry this year, biology is a crash higher and is find chemsitry difficult so I doubt I can get As in them, and most law schools id consider applying for ask for a minimum of AAAB by end of S5. My fall back option if I don't get the grades is to either study Geography and become a geography teacher or possibly study a degree in English Literature and then study Law afterwards. Does anyone have any ideas on what jobs I could get with a law degree that wouldn't be a solicitor or barrister, or would it be worthwhile for me to just become a geography teacher straight away and scrap law?

ReputationRep:
    Because a Law degree is so highly regarded as a degree requiring determination, communication, leadership capabilities, research capabilities and a strong academic ability it can be used to go anywhere! Retail, marketing, law, management, HR - anything you find interesting really, just not something that requires a specific degree down that course like medicine :P

ReputationRep:
    Do what you love most, regardless of entry requirements, job prospects etc.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.