Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thousands of Iraqi Refugees Leave Finland Voluntarily Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu...-idUSKCN0VL0UE

"Thousands of Iraqi refugees who arrived in Finland last year have decided to cancel their asylum applications and to return home voluntarily, citing family issues and disappointment with life in the frosty Nordic country. Officials said about 4,100 asylum seekers had so far cancelled their applications and that number was likely to reach 5,000 in the coming months."

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff this just shows they aren't truly in need of help, send them back to Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    A poor, violent, politically unstable country that has been devastated by a decade of war?

Or a wealthy country that is so cold your nuts freeze together if you go outside during winter without 7 pairs of thermal underwear on?

On balance, I fully understand their motivation to return home.

ReputationRep:
    Chat ****, get banged

ReputationRep:
    Good, now let those in UK, Germany, France do the same!

ReputationRep:
    Your pathetic! Sassan Hussein killed 5000+ people

ReputationRep:
    these people are detestable, They think Europeans will provide them with a big house, car and job and when they realise thats not the case they go back - some danger they are in eh?

This proves that the best way of handling these unwanted and unwelcome refugees is to give them **** all and soon enough they will go back

ReputationRep:
    Clearly your not very informed when it comes to the middle eastern crisis...however very sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnswerYouFool)
    Your pathetic! Sassan Hussein killed 5000+ people
    Just 5,000?

That's not such a big deal. There are numerous leaders in the past who have done much worse. Now makes me think the whole war in iraq was entirely unjustified.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Photovoltaic.)
    Now makes me think the whole war in iraq was entirely unjustified.
    You only just realised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    these people are detestable, They think Europeans will provide them with a big house, car and job and when they realise thats not the case they go back - some danger they are in eh?

This proves that the best way of handling these unwanted and unwelcome refugees is to give them **** all and soon enough they will go back
    Why are you so full of hate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Why are you so full of hate?
    I hate what is happening to Europe. I hate what it happening to my European, indigenous native homeland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Good, now let those in UK, Germany, France do the same!
    There aren't very many asylum seekers from Iraq in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    There aren't very many asylum seekers from Iraq in the UK
    One is too many

ReputationRep:
    One is too many
    What have they done to you personally

ReputationRep:
    What have they done to you personally
    It has nothing to do with only me but my native society in general.

ReputationRep:
    It has nothing to do with only me but my native society in general.
    I strongly doubt a few thousand asylum seekers in the UK will change our "native society"

ReputationRep:
    I strongly doubt a few thousand asylum seekers in the UK will change our "native society"
    Its not a just a few thousand trying to get into the UK though is it. As far as I am concerned Muslims asylum seekers should be barred from seeking asylum in europe

ReputationRep:
    Considering that most asylum seekers are groups of single males I'd rather not have them here. Women and children, okay I can understand but single males could easily get a job in another country they don't need to come over here and leech off of our benefits system. We should only let them in if they have qualifications that can get them a job. When you think about what's happening in Sweden, Germany, Denmark and other EU countries with attacks on women, between different groups etc. , I'd rather it not come over here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NekoAngel13)
    Considering that most asylum seekers are groups of single males I'd rather not have them here. Women and children, okay I can understand but single males could easily get a job in another country they don't need to come over here and leech off of our benefits system. We should only let them in if they have qualifications that can get them a job. When you think about what's happening in Sweden, Germany, Denmark and other EU countries with attacks on women, between different groups etc. , I'd rather it not come over here.
    Denmark has a completely different politics regarding refugees than Germany and Sweden.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.