Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls who seem really sensible Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that the only kind of girls that genuinely seem to be interested in me are those that seem a bit too 'nice'... like girls who come across as being really sensible types. Looks-wise they'll be not bad... but I'm generally not into them enough to want anything serious... I'd still sleep with them though.

I always just assume that they are after serious relationships and so I never even think to ask them out on a single date as I dont want to mess them around. I then find myself chasing girls that are probably out of my league (because those ones are never into me).

This all means I end up with virtually no love life. The last girl I was seeing was a good 4 years ago... I thought she was one of these really sensible types but turned out she was happy to just have sex. I was pretty surprised because I sure didn't get that impression when I first met her.

So it's got me thinking, should I ask these other girls out even though I don't fancy them enough to want a relationship? for all I know they could be pretty wild

And if I were just looking for casual sex, how would I be upfront about it? talking about it in person or over text? or just simply just date them and not even worry about what comes after?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't use girls who are looking for something serious for sex as you'll leave a lot of hurt behind.

Be open about what you're looking for. Use things like Tinder or going cllubbing which is mostly for what you're looking for. Don't rule out a girl for being sensible though. If she's that sensible she'll be able to have a decent conversation with you about it and decide for herself like the last girl you dated.

IMO relationships, especially intimate ones, are better when you're long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    I wouldn't use girls who are looking for something serious for sex as you'll leave a lot of hurt behind.

Be open about what you're looking for. Use things like Tinder or going cllubbing which is mostly for what you're looking for. Don't rule out a girl for being sensible though. If she's that sensible she'll be able to have a decent conversation with you about it and decide for herself like the last girl you dated.

IMO relationships, especially intimate ones, are better when you're long term.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I'm not the type to pretend I want a relationship just to get laid.

There are a few reasons why I'd rather avoid dating sites and I don't really go clubbing that much anymore as the hangovers mess with my routine too much (no way I could pull in a club if I were sober either).

There is a girl at the minute who I think might be into me but she seems like one of those types mentioned above. Should I just ask her out anyway and then I can always talk to her about it? I barely know her so of course my assumptions about her could be completely wrong.

also when you say about being open about what I'm looking for, when / how would I talk about this? By text after the first date maybe? Or during the date itself?

(Original post by drobson1988)
    I've noticed that the only kind of girls that genuinely seem to be interested in me are those that seem a bit too 'nice'... like girls who come across as being really sensible types. Looks-wise they'll be not bad... but I'm generally not into them enough to want anything serious... I'd still sleep with them though.

I always just assume that they are after serious relationships and so I never even think to ask them out on a single date as I dont want to mess them around. I then find myself chasing girls that are probably out of my league (because those ones are never into me).

This all means I end up with virtually no love life. The last girl I was seeing was a good 4 years ago... I thought she was one of these really sensible types but turned out she was happy to just have sex. I was pretty surprised because I sure didn't get that impression when I first met her.

So it's got me thinking, should I ask these other girls out even though I don't fancy them enough to want a relationship? for all I know they could be pretty wild

And if I were just looking for casual sex, how would I be upfront about it? talking about it in person or over text? or just simply just date them and not even worry about what comes after?

Wow decent girls who would treat you right like you bu you have no appreciation for them. I guess bad behaviour gets all the rewards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow decent girls who would treat you right like you bu you have no appreciation for them. I guess bad behaviour gets all the rewards.
    If you're not gonna read my posts properly then don't bother replying

ReputationRep:

Pfttt, 'sensible girls', trust me every girl wants to f*ck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKiss.)
    Pfttt, 'sensible girls', trust me every girl wants to f*ck.
    lol thanks thats the kinda thing I was hoping to hear

There's one of these girls at the minute who I just assumed was sensible to the point where she was pretty against drinking / partying, but turns out I got that pretty wrong too...

ReputationRep:

There's one of these girls at the minute who I just assumed was sensible to the point where she was pretty against drinking / partying, but turns out I got that pretty wrong too...
    Keep looking, you'll find the right girl, eventually..

ReputationRep:

Oh and I must clarify that guys are exactly the same.... I've encountered several..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKiss.)
    Keep looking, you'll find the right girl, eventually..
    oh no I mean I thought she was the type that doesn't drink or party or anything like that... but turns out she is. So maybe she's up for f*cking aswell lol. We'll see...

You could ask them out but if they're that sensible it's unlikely to want something casual, but you can tell which ones are too sensible pretty easily

Also I dont really understand the OP, is it that you dont like the sensible ones for something serious because theyre too sensible/nice or are there other reasons like you want someone who's better looking or their personalities are too 'nice', wouldn't be good in bed or that you're looking for something casual?

Also how old are you and these girls? Might explain things a bit more

ReputationRep:
    Agree with above poster.

If they are sensible, then why are they interested in a (seemingly rather) shallow lad, like yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You could ask them out but if they're that sensible it's unlikely to want something casual, but you can tell which ones are too sensible pretty easily

Also I dont really understand the OP, is it that you dont like the sensible ones for something serious because theyre too sensible/nice or are there other reasons like you want someone who's better looking or their personalities are too 'nice', wouldn't be good in bed or that you're looking for something casual?

Also how old are you and these girls? Might explain things a bit more
    Thanks, I'm guessing it might be best to just ask them out and be honest, otherwise I could miss out on any possible opportunities

It's not that I don't like them because they seem sensible exactly, more because there doesn't seem to be any chemistry there with our personalities, and also if I was going to properly settle down with someone, I would rather them be a bit better looking (not to say these other girls are ugly or anything). I just doing see the point in being in a proper relationship for the sake of it... but I'd still wanna have some fun

But as I say I do occasionally meet girls who I genuinely fancy and could see myself settling down with, just those ones only ever wanna be friends (maybe my standards are too high). Some of those seem quite quiet and sensible too, so it's that that which puts me off girls as such

As for ages, I'm 27 and any of these girls range from around 5 years younger than me to around the same age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    If they are sensible, then why are they interested in a (seemingly rather) shallow lad, like yourself?
    If you're suggesting that all I'm bothered about is sex, then try re-reading my posts

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: how old are you?

Is it seriously just about the sex for you?? Wth...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.