Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay so i've sriously been considering dropping english lit as of very very recently but at my school, everyone was entered into the 2 year course unless they said they'd like to take the AS exam. We now have our exam timetables and i think its too late now to say that i'd like to be entered for my AS exam not to mention its half term week starting now and i've basically ruined everything for myself. Does anyone have any advice?? If i was to drop it at AS (while on the 2 year course) would uni even consider the mock exam grade that id get from doing a mock english exam this year? HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kisaisha)
    okay so i've sriously been considering dropping english lit as of very very recently but at my school, everyone was entered into the 2 year course unless they said they'd like to take the AS exam. We now have our exam timetables and i think its too late now to say that i'd like to be entered for my AS exam not to mention its half term week starting now and i've basically ruined everything for myself. Does anyone have any advice?? If i was to drop it at AS (while on the 2 year course) would uni even consider the mock exam grade that id get from doing a mock english exam this year? HELP
    No - you'd need an officially certificated grade in order for it to bear any significance.

The entry deadline is the 22nd of February, so you do still have time...

ReputationRep:
    No - you'd need an officially certificated grade in order for it to bear any significance.

Hi, thanks for the reply, its just, its half term and also im wondering about the fact that if you do your mock type exams this year, would some type of grade be eligible to be sent off just as proof that you did it because at my school, the teachers have decided to do that for English but for other subjects, im not sure they are bothering to do mock type exams
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Hi, thanks for the reply, its just, its half term and also im wondering about the fact that if you do your mock type exams this year, would some type of grade be eligible to be sent off just as proof that you did it because at my school, the teachers have decided to do that for English but for other subjects, im not sure they are bothering to do mock type exams
    You might want to quote them in so they can respond to you :yep: I'll do it for you so they see it.

(Original post by kingaaran)
    x
    You should speak to your English teachers and see what they think. There's no harm in asking after all… just send them an email?

ReputationRep:

The thing is, mocks will rarely show anything because, especially with English, teachers sometimes don't mark to the required standard. You would probably need a certificate from an exam board because otherwise there is no legitimate comparison between you and others who have sat an approved qualification.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, mocks will rarely show anything because, especially with English, teachers sometimes don't mark to the required standard. You would probably need a certificate from an exam board because otherwise there is no legitimate comparison between you and others who have sat an approved qualification..

Alright, well thanks for the reply, i think im going to try to contact my english teacher and discuss the questions that i have. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You might want to quote them in so they can respond to you :yep: I'll do it for you so they see it.

You should speak to your English teachers and see what they think. There's no harm in asking after all… just send them an email?

I've decided to take you up on that and try to contact my english teacher. Thanks for the advice

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.