Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you make notes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Making notes from my lecture slides is something I still haven't mastered (am in my second year).

I've tried using One Note and tried hand writing them but come revision time, I just find it really hard to revise from them.

I don't know how to make good notes to use so at revision time, I am just learning (rather than making notes I should have made throughout the year!)

Intrigued to know everyones methods...

ReputationRep:
    I attended every lecture (well, I missed like one or two throughout my entire course). Basically, by attending lectures and making notes during the lecture you generally do get better notes. If the notes still aren't good enough for you then you haven't understood the topic and need to keep on reading it until you do And don't defer it till revision time otherwise you'll panic
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Lostwithoutyou)
    Making notes from my lecture slides is something I still haven't mastered (am in my second year).

I've tried using One Note and tried hand writing them but come revision time, I just find it really hard to revise from them.

I don't know how to make good notes to use so at revision time, I am just learning (rather than making notes I should have made throughout the year!)

Intrigued to know everyones methods...
    Hi!

I'm not at uni, I take A-Levels. But most of my lessons are in a lecture format. I take my laptop and I type things verbatim. I make a massive revision guide to collate them all together and often I print them and re-read, annotate and improve them. :yep: The thing I try my best to do is to make them slightly memorable with humour, etc.. so if there's something I don't like (i.e. psychology & the Montessori teaching approach) I'll make a funny comment:
    Spoiler:
    Show

It looks weird… but I was taking notes semi-verbatim of a video about it :lol:, just helps trigger more in-depth memories about it. Also, there's a typo — whoops! Sorry, these notes are fresh from the lesson

ReputationRep:
    witH tHe pen and THe paper or Card

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.