Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asked a Girl to Dance... Watch

Announcements

So, I went out clubbing properly for the first time yesterday and had a pretty awesome time. I'm normally an introvert, but I can become an extrovert in these social situations. When loud music is playing, I can suddenly become the centre of attention. I'm 18 and I never really get close to girls.

However, yesterday I had some attention from three different girls in the 1.5 hours that I was in there. The first was in her mid-twenties and we started casually dancing together. I thought that for one second that she was going to try to kiss me. She hugged and high-fived me before moving away. She came back again for another quick dance but moved away.

The second girl was a typical 'party girl'. She came up to me as she also liked my moves and started dancing very close to me. She was also in her mid-twenties. I thought about holding her as she was so close, but decided against it as she was a bit too old for me. She moved on after about a minute, but she seemed interested. I just didn't take my chance again.

The third girl was about the same age as me and was very good looking. She was glancing at me for quite a while and I moved towards her to see if she would react. She kept looking towards me and eventually approached me. I didn't hear what she said, but her facial expression was enthusiatic. I offered her my hand to see if she would dance but she seemed a bit unsure. She was holding her bag in that hand and I was a bit tentative, so I wasn't sure if she understood completely. We both got a bit shy of each other and moved away a bit. She kept talking to her friend and looking at me afterwards. I stayed reasonably close, and she turned towards me a few times. I thought that she was going to approach me again quite a few times, but she backed away each time. I made no further move towards her.

This experience was quite a step from anything that I've had before. I don't think that I was confident enough with the third girl as I probably had a genuine chance there. What should I do next time to get it right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.