unhealthy food..? Watch
What types of foods are bad for you?
Like what exactly (if you could name them)..?
Just want to knoww
* Foods high in saturated fats, such as meat and dairy, are relatively bad for you. If you reduce or eliminate your consumption of these foods, and instead consume healthier foods containing cis unsaturated fats, found in olive oil and nuts for instance, as well as fruit and vegetables and legumes, then you significantly reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. (See here, here and here for sources).
* Refined carbohydrates are bad for you. Ideally, you should be replacing them with unrefined carbohydrates. That means cutting back on sweets and sugary drinks and replacing white bread, white pasta and so on with whole-grain sources.
* Red and processed meat, on top of the saturated fat it contains in it, also increases your risk of getting certain forms of cancer. So, this would be things like bacon, sausages, pepperoni and ham. (Source)
Eating healthily can be condensed into five bullet points:
* Eat food.
* Not too much – reduce calories if you want to lose weight.
* Eat mostly or fully plants.
* Avoid trans fats and refined carbohydrates.
* Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- Political Ambassador