Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Emotions Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is there a problem with me if the last time i genuinely cried bc i was sad or even happy was when i was about 14? this excludes things like crying because i got a wound somewhere and forcing myself to cry(did that about 3 times when i was younger).

not sure if i have problem or something, ppl would say i have warped opinions on things if i have an opinion on the stuff they're asking me about, for example i never ever want to be married and i most certainly don't want a female partner(i'm male btw) or children ever because of the problems that i'd have to deal with compared to not having a spouse or child. also i never want to drink, the though of it disgusts me.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound too strange tbh although I do recommend a good cry now and then as it can be therapeutic, as for having a wife and kids, a lot of people don't think that lifestyle is for them and that's fine but if you are worried about your emotional state, speak to a professional, even just for a quick chat to see if everything's ok, th yell be better in advising you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    It doesn't sound too strange tbh although I do recommend a good cry now and then as it can be therapeutic, as for having a wife and kids, a lot of people don't think that lifestyle is for them and that's fine but if you are worried about your emotional state, speak to a professional, even just for a quick chat to see if everything's ok, th yell be better in advising you
    Omg you're always giving out the best advice and you 9/10 always beat me :cry:

^^^ I second this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Omg you're always giving out the best advice and you 9/10 always beat me :cry:

^^^ I second this
    Aw thank you! I just want to make sure thread like these don't get lost in the unanswered threads but I do like giving out advice and at the very least it bumps them for more experienced advice givers to help out lol, don't worry my advice I'm sure pales in comparison to yours

ReputationRep:
    i also hate telling ppl how i feel all that bs so i don't really think that's the best path for me if i wanted to get help, but i was just wondering if anyone else out there shared a similar mentality to me or same ideas?

i was brought up with my parents telling me that i would go find a girl and create my own family but now i've grown older and that i can now think for myself i don't even want a family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    i also hate telling ppl how i feel all that bs so i don't really think that's the best path for me if i wanted to get help, but i was just wondering if anyone else out there shared a similar mentality to me or same ideas?

i was brought up with my parents telling me that i would go find a girl and create my own family but now i've grown older and that i can now think for myself i don't even want a family.
    It's often hard for people to tell others how they feel, especially being a guy as there is a stigma around it (which is stupid btw), but while you may just be a pretty closed off person (which is fine as long as it doesn't affect you) it is sometimes good to just talk to someone or write your feelings down as they can sometimes bubble up and make you feel a bit down, even if you're not fully aware of it. I'm not saying you have to constantly be telling people your personal business but sometimes it can feel good to just have a good rant lol. I think most people grow up with this idea of a partner and children but in reality, there are countless paths to take so definitely don't feel pressured into doing something you don't feel is right, it's your life to lead as you please if you're concerned about anything, as I said speak to someone you trust or a professional and you could even try a writing in a journal, I've heard that helps a lot of people

ReputationRep:
    It's often hard for people to tell others how they feel, especially being a guy as there is a stigma around it (which is stupid btw), but while you may just be a pretty closed off person (which is fine as long as it doesn't affect you) it is sometimes good to just talk to someone or write your feelings down as they can sometimes bubble up and make you feel a bit down, even if you're not fully aware of it. I'm not saying you have to constantly be telling people your personal business but sometimes it can feel good to just have a good rant lol. I think most people grow up with this idea of a partner and children but in reality, there are countless page to take so definitely don't feel pressured into doing something you don't feel is right, it's your life to lead as you please
    is it werid that i also imagine many secenarios of me killing people and laguing afterwards then going on a mass murder spree? also i do have massive rants and chats with people and they don't seem to mind too much(does this make me an introvert?) but i'm pretty closed of from everyone, not social at all, doesn't want to say anything if it's not relevant to the question asked. i also like to spend much time gaming on a game called vainglory but i'm not addicted however. Also i think i have a mild sort of adonis complex.

ReputationRep:
    seems like everyone i've met so far is kind friendly and helpful

ReputationRep:
    is it werid that i also imagine many secenarios of me killing people and laguing afterwards then going on a mass murder spree? also i do have massive rants and chats with people and they don't seem to mind too much(does this make me an introvert?) but i'm pretty closed of from everyone, not social at all, doesn't want to say anything if it's not relevant to the question asked. i also like to spend much time gaming on a game called vainglory but i'm not addicted however. Also i think i have a mild sort of adonis complex.
    I have to be honest, that does sound a little odd, if you are thinking of hurting people, speak to a professional asap, I don't feel right about advising you online when I am certainly no expert

ReputationRep:
    I have to be honest, that does sound a little odd, if you are thinking of hurting people, speak to a professional asap, I don't feel right about advising you online when I am certainly no expert
    is bi-polar when you have 2 different sides to you? for example one side might me insane, murdurous and unforgiving wheras the other side might be friendly, kind and loving towards all?

ReputationRep:
    is bi-polar when you have 2 different sides to you? for example one side might me insane, murdurous and unforgiving wheras the other side might be friendly, kind and loving towards all?
    I really don't want to give you the wrong information, please speak to someone you trust about this if it is concerning you, as far as I know, being bipolar means having contrasting emotions to the point where you will be insanely happy and ecstatic at one point and incredibly depressed the next but like I said please talk to someone about this

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to give you the wrong information, please speak to someone you trust about this if it is concerning you, as far as I know, being bipolar means having contrasting emotions to the point where you will be insanely happy and ecstatic at one point and incredibly depressed the next but like I said please talk to someone about this
    ok that definitely doesn't describe me

ReputationRep:
    ok that definitely doesn't describe me
    I don't want to try and diagnose anything over the Internet, your gp will be a much better source of information, there are also 24 hour helplines if you do need help asap so don't hesitate to look for guidance

There is always some sort of a balance, don't you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kuudere i believe is the word which describes me

Kuudere i believe is the word which describes me
    Do you watch anime?

If so, it might be a good idea to give yourself a break.

Spoiler:
    Show
    only if you want to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Do you watch anime?

If so, it might be a good idea to give yourself a break.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    only if you want to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i only watch a bit

i only watch a bit
    I was watching 'a bit' too, not so long ago, but the impact on my emotions was huge. Now I don't want to watch any.

It will probably be different for you, but it was only my suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    I was watching 'a bit' too, not so long ago, but the impact on my emotions was huge. Now I don't want to watch any.

It will probably be different for you, but it was only my suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what anime did you watch? i watch one piece fairy tail, amongst others

what anime did you watch? i watch one piece fairy tail, amongst others
    I shouldn't be telling you this because you will check it out, despite the fact I was trying to keep you away for a little while but it's your choice.

Within last 12 months (all seasons);

- Attack on Titan
    - Gakkou Gurashi
    - Grisaia No Kajitsu
    - Tokyo Ghoul
    - Clannad (unfinished)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.