Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you use the car cigarette lighter in your car to light cigarettes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you use the car cigarette lighter in your car to light cigarettes? (You know, the ones you press in that heat up and you dab them on your cigarette to get it lit). Just wondered if anyone still uses it for its intended purpose?

ReputationRep:
    Never knew that existed :lol:

Then again I don't smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Do cars still have them?
    My "ashtray " is felt lined and I use it for coins
    The "lighter" is a plug to stop crud falling into the hole ( it is horizontal)

Even when I smoked, I wouldn't smoke in a car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk802)
    Do you use the car cigarette lighter in your car to light cigarettes? (You know, the ones you press in that heat up and you dab them on your cigarette to get it lit). Just wondered if anyone still uses it for its intended purpose?
    as opposed to what ?
    branding stupid drivers or something?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nope, smoking in my car is forbidden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk802)
    Just wondered if anyone still uses it for its intended purpose?
    What else would you use one for? A car heater?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    If all else fails, yes? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Some people just use the car cigarette lighter hole to plug in mp3 players, sat navs etc. But it's supposed to be for a cigarette lighter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk802)
    Some people just use the car cigarette lighter hole to plug in mp3 players, sat navs etc. But it's supposed to be for a cigarette lighter.
    I thought this was about the lighter itself, not the charger hole. Obviously people use it as a charger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    as opposed to what ?
    branding stupid drivers or something?
    You're a funny one TeeEm lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No, I use it for a USB port.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    You're a funny one TeeEm lol
    I have my moments ...

ReputationRep:
    I use mine to light cigarettes.

Which is strange. Because I don't smoke.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I do smoke really, a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    most cars don't have traditional cigarette sockets now, even cars that are close to 15 years old dont have them. they have accessory sockets and you cant just buy a heater element and fit it in to an accessory socket as it wont work

ReputationRep:
    you were always better off using a clipper anyway...

if you drop a clipper it just puts itself out, but if you drop a car lighter you've got a red hot chunk of metal landing in your groin which is undesirable if you're trying to concentrate on driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kernow24)
    most cars don't have traditional cigarette sockets now, even cars that are close to 15 years old dont have them. they have accessory sockets and you cant just buy a heater element and fit it in to an accessory socket as it wont work
    I still see a lot of cars with cigarette lighters built in. The ones that have no lighter still have the round hole (for plugging in sat navs etc and can be used to power electrial items).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk802)
    No - I definitely don't use the cigarette lighter. To be honest, I think they look horrible too - making the car seem really dated and old!

I recommend buying a USB port. You can pick them up for a couple of quid on eBay and they look really natural and as if they are fitted as standard in the centre console.

ReputationRep:
    Very random question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i light mini cigars with mine or my stirling dunhill for the chunky cigars i have smoked like cohibas and bolivars

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.