Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help on this... :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really want help on how to revise for Psychology, I'm aiming for an A if not a B! However I need really good revision tips that will allow me to remember things easily and for a long period of time.

I know the basic revision tips such as flashcards,mindmaps, past papers but they don't seem to help much! Is there other ways?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Which examining board are you sitting?

I suggest you practise past papers.
    When doing this be precise, learn how to answer the question, and learn to write your answers logically and coherently.
    I suggest you read and mentally test yourself. Learn a lot of studies and how to elaborate on evaluation (IDA, GRENADES- hope you're familiar with these)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by LemonadeAspire)
    I really want help on how to revise for Psychology, I'm aiming for an A if not a B! However I need really good revision tips that will allow me to remember things easily and for a long period of time.

I know the basic revision tips such as flashcards,mindmaps, past papers but they don't seem to help much! Is there other ways?

Thank you
    You could try:
    - teaching others
    - recording yourself and listening back to it
    - repeating things aloud
    - revising with classmates
    - drawing diagrams
    - making a song of it
    - a silly story to help it stick
    - making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
    - writing things over and over again
    - using colour
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by AthiaKarim)
    I suggest you read and mentally test yourself. Learn a lot of studies and how to elaborate on evaluation (IDA, GRENADES- hope you're familiar with these)
    What is IDA and GRENADES?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    What is IDA and GRENADES?
    It was something my teacher made up, but it seemed that when I was revising for psychology in 2014 on tsr, others came across these terms. I'm sure you have too, they're just acronyms.

Generalisability
    Reliability/Reductionist
    Ethical issues
    Nature vs Nurture
    Androcentric
    Deterministic
    Ethnocentric

That's on the top of my head
    Ida= individual differences

All of these should be included in your evaluation alongside studies (which you obviously have to critique Individually/ apart from unit 3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    You could:
    - teaching others
    - recording yourself and listening back to it
    - repeating things aloud
    - revising with classmates
    - drawing diagrams
    - making a song of it
    - a silly story to help it stick
    - making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
    - writing things over and over again
    - using colour
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    It was something my teacher made up, but it seemed that when I was revising for psychology in 2014 on tsr, others came across these terms. I'm sure you have too, they're just acronyms.

Generalisability
    Reliability/Reductionist
    Ethical issues
    Nature vs Nurture
    Androcentric
    Deterministic
    Ethnocentric

That's on the top of my head
    Ida= individual differences

All of these should be included in your evaluation alongside studies (which you obviously have to critique Individually/ apart from unit 3)
    Yess!! We are getting onto that soon but thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Remember your AO1 (facts and knowledge), AO2 (application of knowledge to scenario Q's) , AO3 (evaluate/ GRAVE/GRENADE)

What is the question actually asking you to do?

Have a look at the AQA revision checklist I've uploaded on the other thread - EVERYTHING you need to know for your exams.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx AO and Eval.docx (18.1 KB, 42 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonadeAspire)
    Yess!! We are getting onto that soon but thank you so much!
    You're welcome

Don't leave revision till last minute

Good luck xo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.