Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My daughter is about to apply for 3rd year student finance and has found out she is pregnant. We have things in place to allow her to complete the year providing everything goes well with the birth
    Currently she lives at home with us and her boyfriend who works full time and is at our local Uni
    She will be moving into rented accomodation of her own before the baby is born
    How would she complete the form as at present she has no idea of the address she will be at come the start of term as they are saving like mad before moving out. I understand finance would be based on her partners income not ours but the residential address is confusing me.
    Also I cant find anything about how the Parents Learning allowance is calculated and what income is taken into account
    Can anyone clarify either issue and also let me know if the student loan is taken into account when applying for tax credits or just any grant and would the chilcare grant be classed as income
    Thanks in advance
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you don't know the address, you can change this at a later date. This is simple to do and you should be able to do this online.

She needs to put where she lives now.

ReputationRep:
    That would be at her parents house so surely they would take our income into account. In that case she would not qualify for child care grant etc even though from October it would be her partner supporting her and his income that should be taken into account
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Kay159)
    That would be at her parents house so surely they would take our income into account. In that case she would not qualify for child care grant etc
    Parents count as independent students so i dont believe they would?

ReputationRep:
    This is what we are trying to get clarification on as they would not become parenta until just before term starts. The Uni are willing to accomodate working from home in those early weeks coincidentally
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    As long as baby is born before start of academic year, she'll be classed as independent.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou. Dependant on dating scan will be around mid sept to mid oct

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.